It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
(male)

rayhope HB User
Smile I need advice on a full nutritional program for Depression

Hi, I have been doing alot of reading about nutrition and depression and I know that some specific vitamins/minerals/herbs/oils target mood but what I was wondering was:

1) Can a good quality multivitamin/mineral deliver those 'mood' assisting vit/min without having to take them separately?

2) Are whole food vitamins/minerals attempting to deliver the same types of vit/mins but in a different way or does one need to buy both standard and whole food supplements? The reason I ask is because I want to be able to have as wide of a scope of nutritional intake as possible.

3) Does anybody know about Cortisone (cortisol) and it's role in depression and is there a product out there that can help regulate that?

Also, any suggestions for further supplements would be so greatly appreciated.

Just imagine that I have a limitless budget and I need to address Depression from a nutritional standpoint. A big part of this includes energy as I want to take supplements that will help get me off my butt and exercising.

Thanks so much everybody.
r.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
(female)

Dee101 HB User
Re: I need advice on a full nutritional program for Depression

A good multi-vitamin is a start you will have to do your homework for a multi-vitamin that will do it all .. my understanding that it is deficiency in B vitamins that may bring on the onset of depression .. Omega-3 fatty acids is good . from Nordic Naturals .. well a limitless budget would be blood work to see where my body stands .. getting rid of the toxins before I start a nutritional regimen what's the point if you have years of garbage in your digestive tract from the hormones to pesticides .. Vitamin C 2,000 to 3,000 daily chewable preferred Natural Factors has 100% natural fruit chews .. I personally would customize some supplements for that individual .. eat a diet of raw fruits and vegetables but low in complex carbs as they cause serotonin depletion and depression .. I think removing the toxins that have weighted you down will get you off your butt and exercise and you will look and feel the difference

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread