It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
(female)

caangelxox HB User
Is what I am taking okay (and at the right time of day?)

I have been taking vitamins for a week now. I take vitamins seperete because when I tried a multivitamin once, I felt drowsy and mind was wondering around after I took i. I think its better seperete anyway because a lot of multivitamins have too much Vitamin A in it, some minerals that we do not really need, not enough/too much of a certain vitamin/mineral, etc.

What I would like to know is if I am taking the right vitamins and minerals and if there is anything I need to buy. I also want to know if its the right amount and also I am taking Flavay Plus as well (for my learning disability/ADD) and that has some vitamins and minerals in, so I want to know if the Vitamin B Complex I am taking is fine (Flavay Plus has some vitamin B in, but not its whole complex and not a lot in it).

Here is what I am taking now. I have been taking my vitamins during lunch time and my brain/mood/energy/muscle supplements in the morning. I am going to include the brand I am using along with the name and the ingrediants, so the experts can help me easier.

Morning after my first bowl of breakfast cereal before I start my 2nd bowl (with orange juice)....

- 2 pills per day (at the same time) of Move Free Advanced Triple Strength 2x More effective at comforting sore joints (red bottle) by Schiff. (been taking for about 2 months or so before I started taking vitamins and such)

- 1 pill per day of NOW FOODS Lutein Esters (been taking it for a week along with my vitamins
Lutein: 20mg
Zeaxanthin: 1.23mg
Cryptoxanthin: 0.11mg

- 2 pills per day (at the same time) of Flavay Plus
Vitamin A (100% as Betatene®) 5000IU
Vitamin C (Ester-C® calcium ascorbate) 60mg
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol succinate) 100IU
Vitamin B1 - 3mg
Vitamin B2 - 6mg
Vitamin B 6 - 10mg
Folic Acid - 400mcg
Vitamin B12 - 20mcg
Zinc Orotate - 10mg
Selenium (organically bound) - 20mcg
Phosphatidyl Serine (Leci-PS®) - 100mg
GABA - 60mg
Ginko Biloba Standardized Leaf Extract - 50mg (24% ginko flavone glycosindes and 6% terpen lactones)
Masquiler's® - 50mg (pantented oligomeric proanthocyaindins complex (seed, bark)

At lunchtime
-1 pill per day of Now Foods B 100
Thiamine (from thiamine HCI)(Vitamin B-1) 100 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 100 mg
Niacin (as niacinamide) 100 mg
Vitamin B-6 (from pyridoxine HCI) 100 mg
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 100 mc
Biotin 100 mcg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 100 mg
Choline Bitartrate 100 mg
Inositol 100 mg
PABA 10mg

-1 pill per day of Now Foods, C-500 Complex, With Bioflavonoids, Acerola & Rose Hips
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500 mg
Citrus Bioflavonoids (37% total bioflavonoids as Hesperidin) 100 mg
Acerola Powder 100 mg
Rose Hips Powder (Rosa canina) (Fruit) 100 mg
Rutin Powder 10 mg

- 1 pill per day of Nature Made Calcium 750mg + D + K
D3 500IU
K 400mcg
Calcium 750mg

- 1 pill per day of Now Foods, E-400, Antioxidant Protection
Vitamin E (as unesterified d-alpha Tocopherol plus Mixed Tocopherols: d-beta, d-delta and d-gamma Tocopherol) - 400IU

- 1 pill per day or every other day, which I choose everydayJarrow Formulas, Zinc Balance
Zincc (as Monomethionate) (from OptiZinc®) 15 mg
Copper (as Gluconate) 1 mg

- 1 pill per day of Now Foods, Magnesium Caps
Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Aspartate) 400 mg

- one pill per day of Jarrow Formulas, PS-100
Phosphatidylserine (PS) 100 mg
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) 12 mg
Gamma tocopherol 3 mg

I recently bought some herbs to include and help with my ADD, attitude, mood, confidence, memory, sport, and energy. I am figuring out where to include them. I am thinking all in the morning except for the gingko and jarrows formula PS will be at lunch to make sure I have the extra mg from flavay plus. Money is not an issue because I order from a website that is close to my area and everythings below retail price and no tax/shipping charges.

The herbs are (started today at lunch) and will all be one pill per day. I don't understand why they recommend as a diatary daily supplement of 1 or 2 pills once or twice or 3 times a day or whatever. I think thats too much and overboard.:
- Now Foods, Gotu Kola 450mg
- Now Foods, Panax Ginseng 520 mg
- Doctor's Best, Extra Strength Ginkgo Extract 120mg (VCAPS)

I don't understand why they would send me vcaps instead of capsules like I ordered for the ginko, but I don't think it really makes a difference anyway. vcap, tablet, capsule...I can swallow all just fine in my small mouth. I throw everything to the back of my throat and it goes down easy.

Others that I bought and tried once, and not sure if I will continue using because for one day I included everything listed here below with my morning pills and I felt kind of not myself (they are just sitting in the cupboard for now):
Now Foods, L-Phenylalanine, 500 mg
Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg
Now Foods, DMAE, 250 mg (VCAPS because the now foods only came in that and the now foods brand had the best rating out of all the others)
Doctor's Best, Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 588 mg

Oh and the herbs I am thinking about buying to add to my herb taking list is
- Planetary Herbals, Bacopa Extract, 225 mg for learning and memory
Calcium 165 mg 15%
Bacopa Whole Plant Extract (20% bacosides A+B) 450 mg

- Source Naturals, Huperzine A, 200mcg for learning and memory

I took my time to go through every herb listed on the herb site and pick which ones that will help with my problems and those 2 plus ginko, gotu kola, and panax gingseng are the only onees I find that I need.

By the way, I don't start school up again until the last week of august (fall semester), so there is plenty of time for these pills to kick in (especially the flavay plus, which my dad recommended) and when I go to school, I will find out how well these are doing. I am looking forward to a perfectly normal brain and function like everyone else without any reading comprehension trouble and such. I am also looking forward into finally being able to make the college JC team for 2009 I hope!

one last question - should I also get fish oil as well to add to my daily take? Do I need it? I have teryaki salmon every now and then and also canned salmon with my salad as well (usually like 1-3 days each week).

I am hoping my acne will clear up soon, knees will stop clicking (never pain, just the annoying noise when squatting or walking. I never hear it when running), reaction time will get faster (more alert and focused), get a boyfriend soon once I become normal and can communicate well like the normal people, and most important...be normal. I am already feeling confident, healtheir, and feeling better about myself already. My focus and paying attention more is also improving. I am waiting for it to have an affect on my reading comprehension (all the words I learned in the past that I forget after learning and taking a test on it will come back to me and make me understand what I read) and communication, so I can be normal, have a lot of friends, and finally get a boyfriend. I don't want to go through having to learn everything all over again that I learn in the past.

so...is it okay to just take everything in the morning (herbs in the afternoon) or stick with the vitamins in the afternoon with the herbs? and does it matter what goes with what except that the vitamins all have to be taken together at one time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

caangelxox HB User
Re: Is what I am taking okay (and at the right time of day?)

anybody? If there is no replies, I guess that means I am fine then. I really want to know about the Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, DMAE, and Carnitine though before I start taking it again. I play sports, so if I am running around soon after I take it, I dont want any effects to happen. When I took them when I got them for one day and how I felt from adding those in with the others I take, it was when I was not doing anything that day.

oh and should I add omega into my daily supplement taking as well?

Closed Thread