It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User
Grinding vitamins...still effective?

I want to add supplement vitamins to my diet. However, I have trouble swallowing large pills -throat tensing makes things difficult. I feel like they get stuck.

I have a coffee beans grinder, and it occurred to my to try and grind the vitamin and maybe put it in my orange juice, or simply scoop it up in a spoon and take it that way. Will it be as effective?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User
Re: Grinding vitamins...still effective?

I know exactly what you mean. I try to get everything in liquid, powder or chewables for the same reason but sometimes you cannot.

You might lose a very miniscule part of your supplement in the grinding that way but as long as you can get as much of the ground powder out and into whatever you plan to mix it in, it should be fine. Make sure that if you take it dry on a spoon, drink something afterwards to help wash it down.

Do not put your ground mixture into a hot liquid or hot food as this can destroy some of its effectiveness.

Lindaru

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
(female)

kellibear HB User
Re: Grinding vitamins...still effective?

just buy the liquid--the vitamins are absorbed more easily that way.

Closed Thread