It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

We3Pnuts HB User
Has taking vitamins helped you?

I was curious if taking vitamins has helped you....if you noticed a big improvement? I have been thinking about starting a multi vitamin to help with a list of ailments I've been having....stomach, dermatitis, mood, unexplained nausea, energy. I'm at a loss why I have been dealing with so many different issues. I was hoping a vitamin may help my symptoms. I know taking a daily vitamin would be good for me, but was wondering if any of you noticed an improvement in your health. And how long did it take to notice a change? Thanks for any help.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
(female)

kellibear HB User
Re: Has taking vitamins helped you?

they have definitely helped me. i started taking supps about 9 months ago because of my fibromyalgia. i take a free-form complete amino blend, multi-vit/min, b-complex, b12, vit c, e, d plus alot of others--it will take a few weeks for you to see a real difference. i get all mine at puritans pride.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
(female)

beansprout77 HB User
Re: Has taking vitamins helped you?

Sounds like you have a lot of things going on perhaps a nutritional/naturopathic consult would help ge tot the bottom of things...

As for vitamins helping, if you think about where we would get them from if not from a tablet...food! Being whole foods not refined or processed. Fruit and veg, grains and legumes. If any refining has gone on, or your digestion is poor or you have any chronic stressful events in your life you will not be getting ample levels of many nutrients, this includes vitamins and minerals.

You need vitamins and minerals for just about every reaction in your body to take place, form the fireing of neurons in your brain to burning of fat for energy. It makes sense that we function better when our body is getting the correct dosages. If your diet is not optimum (and whos really is these days) your are probably not meeting your basic needs.

Food allergies are another one to think about, as stomach upsets and skin problems have been linked to being lactose intolerant (inability to digest milk/dairy products). I know from personal experience most of my complaints dissapeared once I cut out milk!

Best of luck. Feel better.

Closed Thread