It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

cfoxj HB User
Isolated Whey Protein

Does anyone have any comments about this type of supplement? I heard that it can help you lose weight. Anyone else have success with it?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

shananava HB User
Re: Isolated Whey Protein

As a gastric bypass patient, that is the type of protein most recommended for us. I have friends that are not surgery patients that have used it to lose weight. I am told that kind of protien is the best absorbed by the body. It is also great for healing and energy.
Shannon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
(female)

kellibear HB User

i use the "now" brand of their undenatured whey protein isolate shake--has all the aminos and is also good for boosting the immune system.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
(female)

cfoxj HB User

I tried the "Designer" and it did not agree with me. There were a lot of other things added to this protein powder. I was at the health food store the other day and I saw another type of whey which is called "isolated". I am trying that now. Since I bought this in bulk format, there was nothing for me to read how to prepare it. Anyone have suggestions? Also, how much should I take? Thanks for all your thoughts!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
(male)

brad85 HB User

It comes with a scoop right? and its 1 serving? If so then most recommend 1 - 2 scoops a day, mixed with 8 ounces of water, or you can use juice, milk, or other liquid but keep in mind their nutrients. I did make smoothies and added 1 scoop into about 12 ounces of smoothie, a nice way to take it, but got tired of washing the blender Im not sure about the way it helps lose weight.

As shananava said, i also heard whey protein is the type of protein that is better absorbed and digested, fast acting.

Last edited by brad85; 10-15-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
(female)

cfoxj HB User

Shananava, did any of your friends have success in using it for weight loss? Brad85, no mine did not come with a scoop. I bought it in bulk in a plastic bag at the health food store. I have been taking 2 tablespoons a day. Thanks for all the thoughts and info!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #7
(female)

Lynn8 HB User

Just make sure that the ingredients are not from China. I called one company and asked if their Isolated Whey Protein is from China and they said No. I asked again from what country did they buy it from? They said they can't tell me that. As far as I am concerned they could buy it from India or other countries and those countries bought it from China. So my next question was: Did you test them if there are Melamine on them or not?
They put me on hold for the longest time until I hang up. I returned the product to the store that I bought it from even though I already opened the can and told them the reason.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
(female)

kellibear HB User

the whey protein isolate is a more pure form of amino acids--better for you and yes, it can help you lose weight if you use it as a meal replacement (once a day), and eat mostly fruits and vegetables--the whey isolate replaces meat as a source of protein (without all the artery clogging fat!), eliminate white sugar/flour, processed foods also!

Old 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
(female)

chandler033 HB User
Talking Re: Isolated Whey Protein

Hi ladies,
Sounds to me like you need something that wont make you bloated, gassy, etc. I use Nutribody -- it's made from brown rice and pea protein with no dairy, it's completely vegetarian, and doesn't have sugar, soy estrogens, additives, etc.

Give that a try -- might really help!
All best, Chris

Closed Thread