It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

Jane0218 HB User
Question Calcium & Magnesium--take together? Just before bedtime? With(out) food?

Hello all,

I'm planning on taking Calcium (1500 mg/day) and magnesium (about 750 mg/day). Several searches come up with these being helpful with adrenal fatigue. I've already begun a B complex, but I think it's not strong enough, and 1000 mg extra B5, as well as 2000 mg Vit C (divided doses, or else I suffer from diarrhea).

I read that Calcium can be calming, and to take the Calc/Mag just before bedtime? Anyone know anything about this?

They are often sold together in one supplement. Do they help each other get absorbed in our systems if taken together? Would separate supplements of each, taken at the same time, be as effective?

Which forms of these are best to take to reduce chance of diarrhea?

Thank, thanks, thanks to the members & moderators of healthboards.com! I have learned a lot here in just a few days.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Calcium & Magnesium--take together? Just before bedtime? With(out) food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane0218 View Post
Hello all,

I'm planning on taking Calcium (1500 mg/day) and magnesium (about 750 mg/day). Several searches come up with these being helpful with adrenal fatigue. I've already begun a B complex, but I think it's not strong enough, and 1000 mg extra B5, as well as 2000 mg Vit C (divided doses, or else I suffer from diarrhea).Which forms of these are best to take to reduce chance of diarrhea?
A buffered Vitamin C and chelated magnesium glycinate will work well if you tend toward diarrhea. The citrates will definitely be too caustic. There are varying opinions about taking calcium and mag together, or separate. I take Ezorb calcium which can be taken any way and any time with or without magnesium. Maybe others can advise about other products. Of course, always check the bottle for any suggested advise on dosing, etc.

jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread