It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

caangelxox HB User
How should I manage my pills so my body wont get used to it?

this is what I take....
In the morning when I wake up on empty stomach I take SaMe (200 mg) each morning (1 pill a day). Right before I eat my breakfast I take 2 pills of fish oil (says on the bottle before each meal) and right after 1 pill of panax ginseng with 1 pill of ginkgo (studies showed that it increases focus & memory, which I can feel is working on me). At lunch, I repeat what I took at breakfast. Before I go to bed, I take 5 htp and zma.

I also have phosphatidylserine and Vinpocetine. I used to take PS, vinpocetine, fish oil, and ginkgo til I read about the ginkgo and panax ginseng combo and tried it, which is working better (so the others are just sitting down on the shelf). So my body won't get used to these supplements (so that they all will continue to work for a long time), should I mix in vinpocetine, PS, and gingko combo from time to time like on weekends when nothing is going on (I play softball and go to school during the week, so I need my brain for that)? Just like the weightroom where you have to change your exercises around all the time to keep your body guessing. I also need to take 5 htp and zma everyday to keep my calm and not stutter (be able to converstate) or get nervous at all.

Another question I have is how about my vitamins? I take vitamin A, C, D, and E as well as ZMA (zinc and magnesium together for sports/workout recovery). How should I manage my vitamin schedule? I dont take zma with my other vitamins because it says on the bottle 30 min-1 hour before bed...

I have a question about the ZMA I am taking. it says on the bottle to take it 30 min-1 hour before bed, but I think it keeps you awake more than puts you asleep. I also go to sleep about 15-30 minutes after taking it...maybe I should take it an hour or more before I go to sleep. I can't really sleep at night with taking it right before I go to bed. I also am taking 5 htp with it (2nd day taking these 2 supplements). It does not say on the bottle for 5 htp to take before bed or if I should take it with food or not, but is the 5htp is what is causing me to wake up a lot during the night or is it the zma? I am thinking about taking 5 htp early on.

How should I manage taking my supplements so what I am taking will work for a long time and so my body wont get used to it? I want to take zma everyday to help with muscle/strength gain and sports recovery (slowpitch softball). I am also taking 5htp to help me be relaxed and not be nervous. I am also not stuttering like I used to as well talking to other people. I am more calm and communicating better too. I want to take these all at the right time and so my body wont ever get used to them (so it will work for a long time. I need it to because of my disorder..either learning disorder or/and ADD I have). What has really made a difference is the zma, 5htp, ginkgo/panax ginseng (taking these 2 together with fish oil). the fish oil I take because I rarely eat fish and its good for those with memory/learning problems to take.

Last edited by caangelxox; 08-27-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread