It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

holahanson HB User
Neon Yellow urine?

I just started taking a women's multivitamin yesterday and when I went to the bathroom my urine was a really bright shade of yellow. I tried to google it a little and most people said it was from the b2... is this a good thing, that my pee is bright yellow? And while I am asking that question, I have another - the bottle says to take 2 pills daily; should I spread them out or can I take them both at once? Should I only take one a day?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
(female)

confusa HB User
Re: Neon Yellow urine?

i take several vitamins...doctors orders. and my urine is neon yellow too. don't worry. it is normal. i can't say for sure what it is from. i always thought mine was from my hormone balancer but not sure. as far as the amount, not sure what to reccomend i take mine all at once and so if the bottle says take 2 a day it should not hurt to take it together but may want another opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
(male)

Realize HB User

It's okay as far as I know. Just A sign that your body isn't absorbing all the B2. I'd spread out and take 1 2 times a day just because I've heard and read that your body can only absorb so many vitamins at once.

Just my opinion and I am no doctor.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

MissMuse HB User

Another thing to remember is that most of the vitamins that you buy OTC are synthetic, so it's harder for your body to absorb them. In my opinion, the best way to get the basic vitamins and nutrients is to eat mostly fruits, veggies and some lean meats.

~Colleen

Medications: 50mg of Sertraline and 20mg generic Prilosec

Classes: Interested in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)

Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree that it sounds like the B vitamins causing this. I took a B complex and noticed the neon yellow urine as well. I was surprised! But yes, this is normal and not harmful. I've noticed slightly different colors from certain supplements. Green tea capsules seemed to do this to me too, although very slightly a green tint.

I'd also try taking maybe 1 vitamin 2 different times. Just make sure to take them with meals because it helps you break them down easier. I've heard mixed reviews about cheaper vitamins, but I do know that taking any vitamin with meals usually helps it break down much easier so the vitamin doesn't go to waste.

MissMuse, I do this for sure! I don't take a multivitamin most days, but I eat a very good diet. I eat a lot of produce and lean meats. I feel MUCH better overall health-wise when I'm eating a cleaner diet. I feel sluggish if I eat too many processed foods. The one processed food I can't seem to give up are protein bars. I look for low glycemic ones. They're just so easy and convenient and help me get a ton of vitamins. Some of them really are just like a candy bar with vitamins though, so you have to be careful with that!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #6
(male)

guy in AU HB User

"most of the vitamins that you buy OTC are synthetic, so it's harder for your body to absorb them"

I'm sorry, but that is just wrong.

Chemicaly, the vitamins in tablets are identical to the vitamins in food - ascorbic acid is a chemical, wether it comes from a pill or an orange.

Indeed, there is evidence that certain vitamins are better absorbed from supplements than from food, because the vitamins in pills are not trapped within a cell that needs to be digested before they can be absorbed.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Prosp HB User

Concur with all the comments above. I've had the same results.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
(female)

cjh1221 HB User

It's the new light bulb in your bathroom! Lol trust me. I had the same concerns. It's the new twisty bulb. I had a freak out a few months ago when my menstrual blood was bright orange, turns out it was at the same time hubby put new bulbs in. Test it out with different lighting.

Closed Thread