It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
Possible Allergic Reaction Vitamin B Complex

I was taking a Vitamin B complex supplement. It had all the B vitamin's and then soome vitamin E and C and couple other I think.

Anyways after about a week of taking them I noticed a red and itchy rash on my arms only, I think I also experienced some itchiness on other parts of my body. And experienced some chest tightness. (I had the feeling I was just not getting enough air when I was breating and I was constantly taking in a deep breath), could have been anxiety.

I was thinking of all the possibilites of why I got this rash and chest tightness and then I thought about the vitamin B supplement being the culprit.

I stopped taking the supplements and within a few days the rash/itchiness and chest tightness has pretty much disappeared.

Does anyone know of people who can devolp some kind of reaction to Vitamin B supplements or was what i'm experiencing probably unrelated. I know that you would only be guessing but really what i'm wondering is if anyone has heard of such a reaction to taking Vitamin B complex supplements.

Thanks any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Leo123; 02-15-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Re: Possible Allergic Reaction Vitamin B Complex

Take one of the capsule's, place it on the inside of your forearm, cover the capsule with a band-aid, leave it on for 24 hour, if it starts itching take it off. The itch tells you have an allergy to something inside the capsule.

You could try another brand of B-complex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Yes, B vitamins tend to give me increased anxiety, even in low doses.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User

It's most likely a reaction to some ingredient in the b-complex, not the vitamins themselves. Also, too much vitamin C can cause a reaction like that, so check and see how much vitamin C you are getting on a daily basis. Check the ingredient listing for the vitamin you are taking, and I would recommend getting a very "clean" product - one with as few ingredients as possible.

Closed Thread