It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
(male)

SoccerCoachU16 HB User
Vitamin Deficiency test

Hi,
Has anyone ever heard or had a bio meridian test done. It is supposed to detect if your body is lacking any vitamins or minerals i guess. I am having this done at my chiropractors office thru one of the diet techs. then they have a medical DR. who will go over the results with you and set you up with what you need. Currently i take quite a few things as it is ,but not knowing exactly what i may really need if at all.

Soccer Coach

Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Vitamin Deficiency test

Soccer Coach,

I would just be concerned that the people who do the test also sell the supplements. Know what I mean? If $ isn't an issue that's one thing but if this is a concern you could get the list of what they think you need from the test results and purchase the vitamins yourself, probably much cheaper. I would just want to make sure that they are good quality supplements. Then again, if you're not really into sleuthing out your own vitamins and such you could turn it over to them.

Generally, I prefer not to buy things that health care providers promote.

Best,

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
(female)

embeth HB User

I had an bio meridian test done. It was conducted by my acupuncturist who I see for neuropathy in my feet. He asked if I were diabetic and I told him no. I told him that my neurologist thinks that it was brought on by a vitamin deficiency. My acupuncturist told me before he administered the test that it was being done to see how well the energy channels in my body are doing. He let me know that a bio meridian is in no way shape or form a medical diagnostic tool. It can not detect what is or is not in your body, it can only detect your energy channels. This is coming from a gentleman who has practiced acupuncture for 25 years. I do have vitamin and mineral deficiencies and absorption problems and this was determined through lots of blood work, 24 hour urine test, and an upper endoscopy all ordered by my neurologist. In case your wondering my feet are about 70 percent better now that I am on the right vitamin regimen for me and the acupuncture helps too.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
(male)

SoccerCoachU16 HB User

jenj770 and embeth,

Thanks for the response ! i had the Test done today and everything showed to be pretty Damn good . There was nothing in the RED ZONE. only 4 thing in the yellow which to me was no big deal. Color bar graph of GREEN, YELLOW, RED, GREEN being the best . the three things showing that need some att: was pancreas, liver & G B LYMPH DRAINAGE , IMMUNE. SO i dont know if i should get the supps they rec or not ? their prices dont seem unreasonable its just do i really need them. i take vitamins now and have for along time and nock on wood i rarely get sick so i swear by them.

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-19-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 08-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
(female)

embeth HB User

When I had the test done all was in the green for me my energy channels are working great. However, I suffer from neuropathy. I am not diabetic, I do not have back or spine problems. So acupuncture along with my supplementing the with sublingual thiamine and vitamin d (the two vitamins my doctor saw I wasn't absorbing properly) has helped a great deal. No need for me to supplement with anything else at this point in time.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Soccer Coach,

I guess the question would then be, do you want to possibly avoid problems in the future that may arise in the areas indicated in the yellow zone. Since you are not presently having any problems (good for you!) you would be taking those supplements prophylactically. I guess it would depend on how much weight you give the bio machine.

I, too, have my vitamins and such checked through blood work. I wonder if the method you used is superior in some way. Maybe I'll do some research.

Best,

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 08-20-2010 at 05:04 AM.

Closed Thread