It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Question What is the best Calcium supplement?

Hey everyone. A couple of weeks ago I started on the Depo Provera shot and so now I need to start taking a calcium supplement. I already take 50,000 units of Vitamin D every week. So, what calcium supplement should I use, what dosage, and how often? Anything else I need to know?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: What is the best Calcium supplement?

Since the release of the study in England a couple of weeks ago, I would not take a calcium supplement at all. 30% chance of the side effects is too high for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

I don't trust most of these studies as they tend to be incomplete and alarmist. In a few years they may completely reverse these findings.

I like Ezorb calcium. This or any other plant based calcium should be just fine. Also, make sure you get enough magnesium. Magnesium is even more important than calcium, but if you need to supplement with calcium for some reason, such as you posted, than you need the magnesium as well.

Last edited by jenj770; 08-24-2010 at 05:26 AM.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
I don't trust most of these studies as they tend to be incomplete and alarmist. In a few years they may completely reverse these findings.

I like Ezorb calcium. This or any other plant based calcium should be just fine. Also, make sure you get enough magnesium. Magnesium is even more important than calcium, but if you need to supplement with calcium for some reason, such as you posted, than you need the magnesium as well.
Oh okay. Thanks! So, if I am taking Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Calcium, I will be absorbing all that I need to protect myself from bone loss?

Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwgirl View Post
Oh okay. Thanks! So, if I am taking Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Calcium, I will be absorbing all that I need to protect myself from bone loss?
I didn't know exactly your concern, but now that I do, you could also add Vitamin K. I would also look into Strontium by NSI, which many people I know take. You have to take it away from Calcium - one in the AM the other PM. But do your own research on these things, of course, as these are just suggestions.

Best

Closed Thread