It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Electric shooting burning sensation, low vitamin D?

I am wondering if I have low vitamin D again? I've posted on here a few times of the years with the same problem. Seems I may be back in the same place again. Today I had intense shooting burning pain sensations across my abs, it hurt like heck. Then I have had some similiar shooting warm pains in other parts of the body such as my legs and other random places. It comes and goes. It's freaking me out. I haven't been tested for awhile. I am going to the doctor soon to check. In the meantime she said it was ok to take 10k a day of vitamin D3.

Anyone had burning tingling almost electric shock sensations just below your skin and inch or two?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Electric shooting burning sensation, low vitamin D?

if your vitamin d deficiency keeps recuring, why dont you take a supplement (say 2000iu/day, or whatever your doctor recomends) for the rest of your life?

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Hi,

Jonnstar is right, 2000IU / Day will not damage you and, once you are at the right level, guarantee that you will not get it down again.

However, the symptoms that you have now (electric shooting) did you had them before?
Were they solved with Vitamin D?

The reason for asking is that to me they look more as a deficit of Vitamin B1 and B12.

Anyway, if you go to the dr. check both.

Jesus

Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

THanks for replying. I am definately going to have the doctor check these levels again. And I do remember having some shock sensations when I was low on D before. I definately had some muscle twitches and sore achy muscles. I guess there is only one way to find out.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread