It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

Angel31 HB User
Multi-vitamin Recommendation

Good morning-
I was wondering if someone might be able to recommend a good multi-vitamin for me. I am looking for a whole foods vitamin (I've heard they are better absorbed.) Specifically, I am looking for the following characteristics:

**Iron - I am a menstruating female, and I do not eat much meat

**Lower Vitamin A - 100% is fine, but I worry about the ones that have higher percentages of vitamin A.

**Higher Magenesium, Lower calcium - I eat/drink A LOT of dairy products, so I tend to be off balance here.

**Low Biotin -- strange request, but high biotin makes my hair grow fast. I find myself having to shave my legs twice as often!!

Any ideas? Is there a better way of finding this combo without reading a million labels? The closest I've found is One-a-Day Maximum, but I've heard that Whole Foods vitamins are better.

Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Multi-vitamin Recommendation

Check out New Chapter Whole Food Vitamins for Women. They have different multi's and put out excellent products.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
(male)

tks499 HB User

Visit GNC shop you will find plenty of women products

Old 01-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
(male)

Lyneteck HB User

I use products from New Chapter. I use New Chapter/Garden of life/ Vitamin Code raw natural vitamins. You can get them for men, women, older men, older women. In my opinion, I would NEVER take any kind of name brand vitamin. The pharmaceutical industry has ties to most of these companies in one way or another. These are the people that profit from you being sick. I don't trust that they would produce anything that is completely safe. It's not in their best financial interest. The same goes with GNC. It's a large corporation with potential pharmaceutical ties.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-13-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread