It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
(male)

CSwifty HB User
Please Rank These

Hello, all. Nice to find this board.

If you're up for it, could you please rank the following from most beneficial and most needed to least beneficial and least needed, specifically in terms of anti-cancer:

Flaxseed oil (containing omegas)
Magnesium
Selenium
Vitamin C
Lutein
Lycopene
Resveratrol
Green tea extract

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Please Rank These

Why not just eat some fish, mushrooms, green and yellow vegetables, egg yolks, tomato based sauces/stews/soups/etc., grapes, and green tea?

Last edited by tjlhb; 01-22-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
(male)

CSwifty HB User

I do some of that as well.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

This is probably not what you're looking for either but here goes:

I think extra magnesium, which many people are unknowingly deficient in, and vitamin C would be beneficial to most everyone. If it's Cancer you're dealing with I have another suggestion - Essiac supplements or tea.

As for the other supplements, I would ask why specifically you are taking them? My philosophy/guideline is to supplement with what I'm deficient in or my body actually needs. I don't think it wise or helpful to overload our system if the body is functioning well without added potions. If we're giving the body proper food and exercise it is built to be a well-running machine. However, if the body is being abused, with alcohol, junk food and such, that is another story.

Jen

Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #5
(male)

CSwifty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
This is probably not what you're looking for either but here goes:

I think extra magnesium, which many people are unknowingly deficient in, and vitamin C would be beneficial to most everyone. If it's Cancer you're dealing with I have another suggestion - Essiac supplements or tea.

As for the other supplements, I would ask why specifically you are taking them? My philosophy/guideline is to supplement with what I'm deficient in or my body actually needs. I don't think it wise or helpful to overload our system if the body is functioning well without added potions. If we're giving the body proper food and exercise it is built to be a well-running machine. However, if the body is being abused, with alcohol, junk food and such, that is another story.

Jen
Funny, because I'm actually incorporating extra magnesium and extra vitamin C into my diet. 625mg of magnesium and 2,000 mg of vitamin C.

The other supplements I have listed, I am just basically trying to gauge the best few that are generally the best at preventing cancer, and making sure I have good amounts of the top three or four at a minimum (in addition to a good diet and lifestyle). The only thing is, I don't know which rank highest in cancer prevention.

Closed Thread