It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
(male)

CSwifty HB User
Which to take at what times?

I'm taking a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and I'm wondering a few things.

I'm currently taking the following:
- A multivitamin (three pills in one serving, Alive! Whole Food Energizer, without iron).
-Selenium, in addition to that in the multivitamin.
-Vitamin C, in addition to that in the multivitamin.
-Vitamin D softgels.
-Magnesium
-Lycopene
-Flaxseed oil (containing omegas)
-Resveratrol
-Boron
-Lutein

With all that noted, I'm wondering the following:

1. Could someone group all of the above supplements into three different groups (morning, noon, evening) so I can know which are best taken with each other at which of the three times? I'm trying to avoid "conflict" and also trying to get maximum absorption. I don't want to take two supplements at once if one will conflict the other's absorption.

2. Which of the supplements are best taken with food? To be honest, I much prefer taking them with water because I eat only about twice a day maximum.

3. Is taking all three of the multivitamin pills at once just as good as taking them spread throughout the day? Say the absorption rating of taking them throughout the day is 9/10. What's the absorption rating of taking them all at once?

4. If you'd suggest removing or adding supplements to my current list, which would you add or remove?

Thank you.

Last edited by CSwifty; 01-22-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: Which to take at what times?

I am not an expert but:

1) Some vitamins produce excitation, so better to take them in the morning

2) Vitamin D, needs fat to be assimilated, better take it with food.

3) Flaxoil (omega) and Resvetratrol are blood thinners and therefore can produce bleeding, so better take them after the meal. Also you should stop them before any surgical /dentist procedure, or in case of emergency, warn the doctors.

4) Vit. C is an acid and, depending on the dose, can produce you heartburn, better take it after meals.

5) Be aware that Resveratrol interfere with a good range of medications (the ones that use Cytocrome 450 path), normally those medications indicates that cannot be taken with grapefruit.

6) Add or suppress .. What is your purpose when taking all that??

Jesus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
(male)

sporge HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSwifty View Post
I'm taking a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and I'm wondering a few things.

I'm currently taking the following:
- A multivitamin (three pills in one serving, Alive! Whole Food Energizer, without iron).
-Selenium, in addition to that in the multivitamin.
-Vitamin C, in addition to that in the multivitamin.
-Vitamin D softgels.
-Magnesium
-Lycopene
-Flaxseed oil (containing omegas)
-Resveratrol
-Boron
-Lutein

With all that noted, I'm wondering the following:

1. Could someone group all of the above supplements into three different groups (morning, noon, evening) so I can know which are best taken with each other at which of the three times? I'm trying to avoid "conflict" and also trying to get maximum absorption. I don't want to take two supplements at once if one will conflict the other's absorption.

2. Which of the supplements are best taken with food? To be honest, I much prefer taking them with water because I eat only about twice a day maximum.

3. Is taking all three of the multivitamin pills at once just as good as taking them spread throughout the day? Say the absorption rating of taking them throughout the day is 9/10. What's the absorption rating of taking them all at once?

4. If you'd suggest removing or adding supplements to my current list, which would you add or remove?

Thank you.

If you dont mind me asking...How long you have been taking all these togather ? Do you really feel the effects of this many kinds of vitamins?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
(male)

CSwifty HB User

Jrueda, thank you for the information. I will take note of it, however it doesn't answer all of my questions so I'm hoping a few more people can weight in.

Sporge, actually I've yet to buy the Flax oil and lycopene, but the rest I have been taking for a little over a month. I feel absolutely great because of it. Thinking and answers to problems come to me naturally and within mere seconds, rather than actually having to make an effort to think about something and struggle with coming to a conclusion. My skin is less dry, hair is a better texture, I tire far less easily in exercise, etc., etc. It's been great.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #5
(male)

sporge HB User

That great to hear...I believe I will experiment with these myself and see how it goes. Thank you for your help!

Closed Thread