It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
A good multi vitamin for ......

A female going through peri menapuse? I am 44 and need a really good multivitamin...

Please.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: A good multi vitamin for ......

I take Centrum Silver now. It doesn't have iron but that is good for me since I am not menstruating anymore...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

I just don't want to get constipated...........mulit vitamins do that to me..

Is that a good one for a 44 year old.......I am still having my periods........

Old 01-29-2011, 03:33 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Try a food based product, like New Chapter.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Can you get that at a health food store?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
Can you get that at a health food store?
Don't know if you're referring to the Centrum Silver or New Chapter that I recommended. If NC, I'm pretty certain Whole Foods carries it. My corner HFS does as well.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
(female)

recordsclerk HB User

Hi I am 54 and going through menopause and I am taking Nature's Way Alive daily energy multi-vitamin multi-mineral vitamin.
Peg

Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you , so much. I am going to go to the health food center today. I will check this out. I just turned 44, and have severe PMS and probably going through early permi. A mom whom is terminal ill, and I feel depression setting in.........all of this is hitting me at once, oh yes, and no health insurance due to job loss. But worst case, I do have my IRS if need be........

Sorry went off there, but lately this has been my life........all in my lap. Thank god I have a great husband.

Thanks you so much, and sorry to rumble.........

Old 01-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red face Re: A good multi vitamin for ......

Thanks sweetie. I am 44 new and starting to go through this, I can not talk to my mother about these things anymore for she is in early stages of dementia and my problem becomes her's hers............and she does not need that.

I also feel like I am falling into a deep depression, and my husband is worried about me, not like killing myself, just wanting to run and hide. Mom's illness has taken a toll on me.

I eat right, was exercising, and need to get a good multivitamin.

Can you get this at Walgreens or a HFC?

You all have been very helpful. I am going out today to get one.

Sad things is I take:

B-6
Super B complex with C
Magnesium
Vitamin E
Biotin for I feel the stress is making me shed like a cat, but that could be hormonal related too.

Was taking a otc Low Iron pill but it made me so constipated I had to stop....I am anemic too.........

MY OBGYN think I need a complete Hysterectomy but hard when you don't have good health insurance or any at all. (PLUS) I don't want to start hormones. They even suggested a lost dose BC, but that scare me too...all the side effects.

We have Anthem I took out when I lost my job, soon moving on to United Health Care, with a $2500.00 so I can afford to pay the premiums for myself and hubby.

I am so sorry to ramble, but have so much on my plate and need to take care of me..........

Also going to talk to my doctor Monday about a Antidepressant........again.....just hate any medications....period..........side effects and all..............

Sorry, any help would make my day..........god bless.......

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
jenj770 (01-29-2011)
Closed Thread