It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User
Vitamin D makes me feel Worse ??

I have been taking Prescription Vitamin D, now for almost 3 full months, at 50,000 iu once a wk. This is my 2nd time on this. My level was 30 I believe. I have to go back in March, nxt month, to have my levels checked. But I don't feel better, I feel worse. My legs ache and hurt all the time,they feel a little weak, and hurt especially when sleeping. I feel achy, sore, hard to get up from a sitting or kneeling position, and a little depressed feeling.So why continue this, when it doesn't make me feel better, only worse all over ??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: Vitamin D makes me feel Worse ??

cvoor,

All those symptoms, did you have it before starting with the Vit. D?

If yes, the answer can be that they are not related to your Vit. D levels... then it is not that Vit. D is making you feel worst is that you are not treating your problem.

In the other hand, 30 it is very low, you should aim to around 60 levels, even if they have nothing to do with your leg problems.

Jesus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

I took my wkly vit d yesterday, and today I woke up with a very sore throat, i have aches all over, like the flu, and need to lay down, lightheaded while i was at walmart. NOw, I've been on this for almost 3 months now. I did not feel this bad Before the Vitamin D, not these aches and pain, or headaches, sore throat. I go in two wks to be re tested to chk my levels.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
(male)

Mazate HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvoor View Post
I took my wkly vit d yesterday, and today I woke up with a very sore throat, i have aches all over, like the flu, and need to lay down, lightheaded while i was at walmart. NOw, I've been on this for almost 3 months now. I did not feel this bad Before the Vitamin D, not these aches and pain, or headaches, sore throat. I go in two wks to be re tested to chk my levels.
There are two main things that will cause vitamin D to make you feel worse. Either you are magnesium deficient, or you have a parathyroid gland. (Not to be confused with the thyroid.) Taking large doses of vitamin D will expose either one of these. Parathyroid problems are fairly rare, but they do happen. Magnesium deficiency however is common.

Closed Thread