It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User
Unhappy Best Vitamins For Damaged Nerves

What vitamins are the best for damaged nerves? That is what I have after foot surgery 3 years ago. I would love to hear from someone who has really found improvement with a nerve problem by using vitamins and also how much did you take and how long before noticing relief? I do not want to resort to drugs that would most likely just create more problems.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
(female)

ella1985 HB User
Re: Best Vitamins For Damaged Nerves

i think you question should be answered by a professional doctor. your problem is very serious

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Does anyone else have any helpful vitamin suggestions for damaged nerves? Has anyone has any success with alpha lipoic acid or b-complex?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

For nervousness:
Increase oats, Pollen, Apricot, Sunflower seeds, Wheat germ, Brazil nut, Walnut, Passion fruit, Green pea, Cashew, Avocado

For epilepsy they say to increase B vitamins, vitamin B6, folates, magnesium, and manganese, I would use food sources for each of these to have better balance. They say reduce or eliminate alcohol, sweeteners especially aspartame or artificial ones white sugar is also included in this directive, primrose oil.

There are other foods and things to do for the nervous system in general if interested I might post these also. (anxiety, hyperactivity, aggressiveness, insomnia, stress, depression, headaches, migraines, bulimia, schizophrenia and alzheimers)

Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Jenj770

Where do you go for magnet therapy? I have tried accupuncture but it did not help. I am considering checking into anodyne therapy. The nerves in foot were damaged after neuroma surgery 3 years ago.

sjb

The damaged nerve problem is in my foot following surgery, it may be a type of neuropathy.. but I do appreciate the tips you gave for other types of problems.

Thank you both

Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I was informed that the brain is composed of nerves and this is why this information has been given. There is of course more information for the other problems already mentioned if desired. Each of these is a type of nervous system difficulty and a nerve is a nerve and it aught to be nourished correctly. I was informed years ago that the brain is connected to the stomach. If the stomach is disordered the brain may will not end up end perfect condition either. Of course the stomach helps absorb food that goes to the nerves in the foot and there are foods for the stomach also.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

sjb

Interesting.. I never thought of the nerves, brain, food connection. I'll give this some thought. They do say "you are what you eat" Wonder what kind of foods and/or vitamins are specifically recommended for damaged nerves in the foot?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi I reckon nerves are nerves no matter where they are in the body. They say the brain is composed of somewhere between 65% and 85% water if I remember correctly. Therefore we could conclude other nerves need water also. Also it is said that to have perfect health one must have perfect circulation. Exercise is needed to get the blood going to nourish the nerve. If a foot spends too much time flat on the floor without leaving it much the bottom of the foot will not be as well nourished. Of course none of this is a promise of a cure though.

Closed Thread