It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

friendlily HB User
Has anyone with a B12 deficiency have their Dr. give you MS scare??

I posted this is an anemia forum and no ones responded but i probably should have started it here.
Hi everyone, Im new to this website but I really appreciate how knowledgable and willing to help everyone is, so i want to say thank you in advance for anyone reading or commenting
For the past few weeks i had tingling/numbness in feet legs hands and face, memory loss/concentration problems/extreme fatigue/ muscle weakness and i went to the dr. which gave me a blood test to check for B12(but it just so happened that that day i bought a B12 suppliment and took it before knowing i had to take a blood test) so my results came up that I had really high B12 levels but the blood work also said i had enlarged red blood cells which my dr. told me it could be because of a B12 deficiency that would have showed before the suppliment. I am really concerned because my doc is sending me to a neurologist now thinking it could be MS. I know my body is absorbing the B12 because i took the suppliment that day and it showed in the tests, and i also know that i should be getting adequate amounts daily because i have taken a multivitamin with B12 in it everyday for about 7 years now and i eat very healthy and exercise/dont drink/dont smoke...so i was wondering if :
1.anyone who has had a B12 deficiency has had these symptoms
2. if a doc thought that it could be linked to MS
3. if a deficiency like this would have the symptoms just suddenly show within a three week period
4. if i have been taking b12 suppliments (sublingual and a Bcomplex)how fast would i start to feel better?
Im so sorry for being so long winded im looking for any hope i can find that its not Ms and im not seeming to find any...please any comments or experiences would be greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread