It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
(male)

zmogas HB User
Could vitamin deficiency cause brains "not to work"?

Lately, for a few months, I don't have much food to eat, and I basically eat bread and butter every day. Sometimes an egg and some meat, occasional potato.
I believe that I don't have much vitamins, and I cannot do a test, because it costs a lot, and I don't even have money for food...
Anyway, could vitamin deficiency make you "slow"? I used to be quite a quick thinker, but now I have no mood, feel like I would be depressed, but nothing's changed psychologically. I also am not able to solve mathematical problems and other things so quickly and sometimes even at all.
Could some particular vitamin deficiency cause this? If so, is there any other way to know if you have that particular vitamin's deficiency? And which vitamin that might be?

Thanks.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Could vitamin deficiency cause brains "not to work"?

I think your limited diet could indeed be causing you to have trouble concentrating. Maybe it's a particular vitamin you are short of, or maybe you just aren't eating enough food. A lot of nutrient deficiencies can cause you to feel tired or think less clearly.

There are ways to get better nutrition cheaply.

You can probably get a whole can of oatmeal for the price of a loaf of bread, it's more nutritious, and it makes a lot more meals. Instead of meat, try a large block of cheese from Costco.

If you're feeling resourceful and you have $5, go get a sack of alfalfa seeds and sprout them. You take just a few spoonfuls of seed, and spread them out on a damp towel in a closet (dark). Cover it, keep it damp but not soaking wet. Eat the sprouts when they are at least 1 inch long. Just a handful supplies most of your vitamin needs.

Finally, if you can't get enough to eat, don't be ashamed to ask for help. Food resources are available at many churches and some other places. All they ask is that, when times are better for you, you try to help someone else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
(male)

red687 HB User
Re: Could vitamin deficiency cause brains "not to work"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmogas View Post
Lately, for a few months, I don't have much food to eat, and I basically eat bread and butter every day. Sometimes an egg and some meat, occasional potato.
I believe that I don't have much vitamins, and I cannot do a test, because it costs a lot, and I don't even have money for food...
Anyway, could vitamin deficiency make you "slow"? I used to be quite a quick thinker, but now I have no mood, feel like I would be depressed, but nothing's changed psychologically. I also am not able to solve mathematical problems and other things so quickly and sometimes even at all.
Could some particular vitamin deficiency cause this? If so, is there any other way to know if you have that particular vitamin's deficiency? And which vitamin that might be?

Thanks.
Yes, sometimes deficiency of some important vitamins like B6, B12 may cause these problems. Try taking B12 supplements (sublingual is the best from) to improve yourself.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
(male)

chessguy HB User
Exclamation Re: Could vitamin deficiency cause brains "not to work"?

hmm without tests this is difficult,

but vitamin D,,comes to mind it actually works like a hormone is critcal ,and a good vitamin B complex, usually work wonders.

Vitamin B cannot work optimally with out vitamin D.(shared pathways)

unfortunately without blood test you may be prolonging your health issues,
and this could lead to multiple issues.##

Nuts eggs and organ meats are fairy cheap and are known for their nutrients as power houses.

I would not consume organ meats more than twice a week ,
they are soo rich, unless I was advised to on medical advice .

I would sell anything i own to get those blood tests done ,

Health is our primal wealth,everything else comes second.

As mentioned above "don't be ashamed to ask for help"

goodluck
chessguy

Last edited by chessguy; 04-19-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Closed Thread