It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

Maragret HB User
Vitamin D and Calcium

About 2 years ago, my doctor started checking my Vit-D. It was about 23 and my Calcium was 10.8. D was low and calcium was high. She put me on 1000 of D3 per day. Since then my vitamin D has remained low (16-23) and my Calcium goes anywhere from 9.2-10.8. She now has me on 2000 of D3 per day. I have most of the symptoms other seem to have with the bones and muscles, fatigue and general brain fogginess. I think what is bothering me the most is I seem to be forgetting words I should know. Now just once a month or so but but almost daily and forgetting for just a moment how to do something I have done all my life like brush my teeth orcurl my hair. It is just for a split second but weird.. Does anyone else have a problem with getting their D and Calcium to stay at a normal range togehter?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

mslux HB User
Re: Vitamin D and Calcium

It might be an indication of hperparathyroidism. Your symptoms suggest it could be. ITs what I had. My calcium at its highest was around 10.8 but was enough for my doctor to order the test to see if they could pinpoint a parathyroid tumor and it was there. Its a benign tumor of the parathyroid, but if you have one it needs to be removed because it messes up your calcium regulation and leeches calcium from your bones which could lead to osteporosis. It has a whole host of other symptoms too that generally are attributed to something else.

That brain fog you describe is one, Its worth talking to your doctor to rule that out via tests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
(female)

chubba04 HB User

Hi,
Actually I'm due to have 12mm hypoechoic nodual removed from thyroid this week.Just got blood tests results back and said my parathyroid is high,11 and vitamin d low.Just curious is this linked to my hypoechoic nodual or is this a seperate issue altogether.
Anyone have any ideas.
Thanks.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

mslux is right. You should be checked for hyperparathyroidism as well. The parathyroid gland is different from the thyroid gland. It is 4 very tiny glands that sit on the back of the thyroid gland.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
MatthewOnline (11-18-2011)
Closed Thread