It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

MrSedano323 HB User
vitamin recommendations. weight loss,energy etc.

i am 25 5'11 238lbs latino.
i am finally starting my much needed weight loss. i run 3 miles 3 times a week and walk 4.5 miles up a trail 2 times a week.
so i am looking for the right pills to take. my requirements healthy heart, weight loss, metabolism, mental health, energy.my family has heart conditions in my dads side. and my dad had cancer so any help would be great.
i started taking fish oil, mens one a day pro edge and and drink a tea that helps with metabolism.
i stopped taking pro edge because it made me very nauseous and would make me dry heave. the tea taste kinda nasty so i have been planning a switch to green tea pills. and i have been taking the fish oil daily.
i recently bought centrium cardio. i have not taken it and the fish oil together because of all the vitamin A. can i take them together? i am currently taking the centrium and see if i feel different. i had been taking the fish oil for about 4 weeks.

any recommendations on what to take? i had high cholesterol problems and high blood pressure but it is better now. that was about 2 years ago. i have also had some back problems lately.

as of right now i am planning on taking
centrium cardio 2 a day. morning and early evening.
green tea pill

something for a healthy liver would be great too.

Last edited by MrSedano323; 06-05-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: additional info

Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: vitamin recommendations. weight loss,energy etc.

Don't overdose on Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E or Iron.

Those are the ones that get people in trouble when they overdose, and the last 2 are most dangerous to men. (They're good for you of course, but not too much!) The regular water-soluble vitamins, unless you're taking massive quantities, it's tough to overdose. I would pick one multi designed for men and stick with it.

The real trick to energy is to eat the right actual foods. Try to combine protein with carbohydrates and fiber, for a meal that will give you energy right away, but won't leave you crashed out later.

Definitely vegetables and fruits, whole fresh ones, several each day. They help fill you up without supplying a lot of calories.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread