It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

lottiex HB User
Advice needed on low Vitamin D levels please

Hi there,

I have a long history of health problems dating back about 10 years. I was first dx with vit b12 deficiency for which I have b12 shots every three months, then in 2002 I became very sick with suspected glandular fever. Since then I have had really bad health. I did manage to get to a level where I could continue to work for about 3 years but then I became very weak and poorly. I was sent for many tests and they think that I may have some kind of autoimmune disease, possibly Lupus.
I have found that since 2005 I have struggled terribly, so many symptoms including stomach problems, palpations, debilitating fatigue, muscle aches and pains, sore throats...the list goes on.
I have also found that I am deficient in folic acid too.
I went to my doctor just over a month ago as I was experiencing very painful headaches and I could'nt keep my eyes open as I was so exhausted.I was also getting pins and needles and numbness in my hands and feet (something that I had noticed getting worse over the last 2 years) She said she would test my vit D levels.
It turns out I am low in it. My serum level was 59 nmol/L and the normal range is 75-200. I only found out by chance what my results were. If I hadn't gone back to see a doctor I don't think they would have mentioned it. I am wondering if my levels could have dropped further as a month has now gone by.
She has given me something called adcal d3 to take, I notice that the dose is 400IU of vit d3 which is combined with 600mg of calcium.I have to take 2 a day. I was just wondering if you think that this is enough to get my levels up again? I have read many stories on the internet of people who are taking higher doses than this. I can't help but wonder if this is why I have felt so bad over the past 5 years. I think this is the first time that my levels have been checked.
Any help or words of advice would be really appreciated. If you could perhaps recommend any good vit d supplements to take as well?
Thanks for listening! (i'm in the UK).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread