It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
(male)

kili HB User
Understanding Contra-indications of vitamins, herbs and supplements

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and i would like to ask about the different vitamins, herbs and supplements that i am taking.

I would like to know if taken together at the same time , will one render the other ineffective or will result in side effects?

Below are the what i have bought ( I am NOT taking all at once)

Korean ginseng,
NOW foods Vitamin C-1000,
Vitamin E 400IU,
B-complex,
Biotin(5000mcg),
L-cysteine(500mg),
NAC(600mg),
Super Omega 3,6,9(1200mg),
Saw palmeto & Pyguem,
CoQ-10+Omega3,
Maca,
L-arginine,
Arginine & Ornithine,
Acai,
Testo jack 100,
Muti-Vitamins,
ZMA.

I bought everything at at one go to save on shipping fees.
Now i realized what a huge mistake i have made.
I do not know which are the ones i should take together and which are the ones to avoid taking together.

Do i have to take them spaced hours apart or do i take them at once?

Best taken in morning afternoon or evening?

Please educate me in this matter.
Advice would be deeply appreciated.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
(male)

kili HB User
Re: Understanding Contra-indications of vitamins, herbs and supplements

Thank you for responding !

I am actually trying to raise gluthathione levels(hopefully lightening of skin) with L-cysteine, NAC and Biotin to build stronger hair, Vit-C and Vit-E is what i have been taking for skin health immune system , Korean ginseng pills for overall blood circulation and respiratory health , then Omega 3,6,9 for the healthy fats that the body need( i try not to consume any other fat sources)

As for Saw palmetto it's meant hair as well(Seems to reduce Hair loss),
Maca and Arginine for men's health( Which i shouldn't have bought, but did I so in case i needed them ) I thought it might be a waste if i did not take them , but if i were to take these, it seems too much to add .

The biggest question i have is if Vitamin, supplements and herbs can be taken at one go or should they be taken at intervals spaced minutes to hours apart ?

I workout frequently, keep hydrated and try to eat as healthy as i can.

Also i would like to know if L-cysteine can be taken with NAC ? can i overdose on these ? I know that taking with Vit C reduces the chance of gallstones.

Please let me know more. Thank you again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
(male)

kili HB User
Re: Understanding Contra-indications of vitamins, herbs and supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
Hi,

Generally, I think it best to divide your supplements AM and PM but you should refer to the instructions on the bottles as it should be clear whether to take with or without food and possibly other considerations as well. Vitamins that are water soluble will be less problematic as any excess will be excreted in the urine.

My other thought is not to take the B vitamin, multi, Acai or ginseng in the evening as those increase energy and may interfere with sleep.

I know nothing about what you've listed for male type issues but hopefully someone else will respond.

Jen
So just for the AM supplements, is it ok for me to take them immediately one after the other? Like do i need to let the first supplement absorb and digest before taking a different one? Example, i need to take 2 pills of A ,2 pills of B and 2 pills of C in the morning. Do i just pop 6 pills into mouth and swallow them together ? Or is there a need to take them separately?

Thank you for your time.

Closed Thread