It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

CityChicgoneMad HB User
Protein Shakes + Vitamin D

Hi Guys,

I recently went for blood test's and my doctor told me I am lacking in Vitamin D so he suggested me to take holland and barrett , Vitamin d3.

I am a massive fitness freak - my personal trainer gave me some 'shake mix' - it's called 'forever lite ultra choclate shake mix'

I wanted to know the anwers to the following:

a.) Is it a good idea to take both? (note I have not taken the shake yet)
b.) will taking the shake wont have a negative impact on my body because of the vitamins I am taking?
c.) Is the shake ok to take? - I am a female and don't really want to bulk just want something in replacement of my sweet tooth and for good health
d.) is the vitamin d product causing my hair to be greasy or does the pill have an impact on the hair)

Thanks for any help / support

Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Protein Shakes + Vitamin D

a, b) The only problem with using the protein shake along with the Vitamin D supplement is that you might get too much D. Check the label, if the shake has more than a little D in it, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using.

Vitamin D is fat-soluble, which means if you take too much, your body has a harder time getting rid of the extra. D overdose isn't a common problem, but it is possible. Don't take more than prescribed, and your doctor should have scheduled a follow-up blood test to monitor your levels.

c) A protein shake will not make you huge. To get huge muscles, women have to either take steroids or work VERY VERY hard in the weight room. I've done weight training and protein shakes for years, and I've only managed to get firm.

d) I suppose it's possible that getting enough Vitamin D could be making your hair oilier. Maybe you just need to buy a shampoo labeled "for oily hair."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread