It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
(male)

man10 HB User
relation between vitamin D and feet pain

my feet aches a lot, when i checked vitamin d level,

25-Hydroxy Vitamin - D was 11.9 ng/ml, is there any relation between vitamin D and feet pain??????????????

Last edited by man10; 09-18-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: relation between vitamin D and feet pain

It's hard to say. If you're having any other health problems, wearing shoes that are wrong for your foot shape and size, haven't done damage to your feet, etc....

I must say that I had foot problems for a few years, and never thought about it till you mentioned it, but I've not had pain as I used to since upping my vitamin D. Mine was very low as well.

My husband had extreme body aches and his doctor checked his vitamin D. He was almost undetectable. He was prescribed a high dosage of 5000 IU for a while, then down to 3000 IU, and he has increased energy and less body pain.

Regardless, you should be on a supplement of D3 to increase it in your body.

What exactly is the problem/pain in your feet? Have you had it looked at by a doctor?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
(male)

man10 HB User

yes doctor recommended me to check out vitamin d level and then he has prescribed ED3 injection for me on weekly basis

and now my feet are free of pain, while using the same shoes etc

Last edited by man10; 09-18-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It sounds as though you answered your own question....but it's hard to believe that a lack of vitamin D can have such an impact on our bodies.
It's great you're having relief. Foot pain is awful to have.

It seems many people have low D levels...which is good that it's being checked, especially since some things cannot point to anything specific.

I hope the injections work well for you....will you get your test again and then continue with pill supplements?

q

Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
(male)

man10 HB User

this is what one dr. told me

there is strong association between vit d deficiency and bone pain.because vit d is required for the absorption of calcium and deposition in bone.if there is deficiency of vit d then bone will weak and results in bone pain and back ache.Now change in life style resulted in vit d deficiency and thus causing pain.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User

Just curious as to what kind of foot problems some of you were experiencing? I have had a nerve complication in the ball of foot following mortons neuroma surgery over 3 years ago. I am wondering if it may be of help for me. How much are you taking, and how long before you noticed it helping you? Also what is vitamin k-2 used for?

Thanks

Closed Thread