It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

Sallyins HB User
Help please with supplements and vitamins

Can someone advise please
I could buy up Holland & Barratt & half of the products on the internet but would be very costly & i'm sure dangerous..Who knows what is safe to take together?
I take Ginko which has improved my memory
Glucomisine for a knee injury
And now Celdrin as i think its better
C Enzyme C10 as i've heard its a miracle product & good for the heart
Vitamin C 1000Mg daily
Mulitvitamin
Cod Liver Oil

But there are so many more anti ageing, anti-cancer, anti -heart etc etc that may help good health & long life..........Where do you start & where do you stop?
I would be so grateful for advice

Thankyou-Sally

Old 11-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User
Re: Help please with supplements and vitamins

honestly,
i would be the same way i had at any given time 35-40 bottles of different vitamins for different things

anyways my doctor advised me that a good multi vitamin should do the trick

so my advice is ask youre doctor if you can scrap everything besides multi vitamin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Help please with supplements and vitamins

As long as you're eating whole, unadulterated foods (and not "junk" food), are exercising and not abusing the body with excess alcohol, smoking, etc. then my feeling is that it is better to get what you need from food sources (I prefer organic).

That said, I use herbs and vitamins when needed whenever something arises, for example insomnia or the knee problem you mentioned, that would benefit from additional supplementation.

I'd rather take an herb or vitamin then some medication with all the many side effects. This is just my opinion, of course, but I think many problems that people have these days are from being over medicated. On the other hand, taking "anti this" and "anti that" to avoid possible problems that may arise in the future seems to me not only a waste of $ but has the potential of weakening our natural operating system and throwing it out of balance.

The body has its own intelligence (if, as I said, we're not constantly abusing it). If we just load up on potions all the time then we're giving it (the body) the message that we don't think it can do it's job.

Closed Thread