It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

ozzyie135 HB Userozzyie135 HB User
Question vit D question

My Vit D result was 0.6 which is extremely low not sure what the right level should be?

My doctor put me on adcal twice a day. last year when my vit d was low like this i was put on 50,000 a day for 2 weeks then adacal

My quuestion is with my vit D being this low is adcal enough or should i have a booster like before?>>

I have questioned my doctor about this but he says this is suitable i am un suer. i have Primery Addisions, B12 Dificinent with nuro problems because they left me so long before they found i was deficient, also have mycolonus and anti-cardiopoline syndrome, endrometrioses throid nodules, IBS ect ect im falling apart and im only 40 this all started 3 years ago before that i was well now i just want to curl up in a corner and GIVE UP....

Old 12-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: vit D question

what you need to realise is you are talking about different types of vit d. The adcal contains d3 which is more easily absorbed by your body. The 50000 you are talking about is d2 which is not as affective so if you look at the numbers it might seem like you were getting a mega dose but in fact you were getting a different form of vit d and no calcium. HTH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #3
(female)

fineartmarcella HB User

Hello,
When I was found to be super low like that, by docter put me on 5,000 a day to be rechecked in a year...
I didn't take a heavy load than stop, it would have dropped to super low again, well, like it did with you! You obviously aren't getting it naturally so why stop? I'm not sure why the docter did not put you on a maintance dose.
Anyway, I've been taking 5,000 per day every since, alittle over 5 years. My level runs in the middle now and all is well.
Instead of doing the mega dose, perscription drugs, stop, mega dose, perscription drugs, stop, , I would suggest taking it routinely, its cheap and no big deal.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
(female)

only had the 1 large dose of VitD last year, I dont understand why my doctor stopped me taking adcal anyway because im on steriods and my low \Vit D proves ineed it,...

Is adcal chewable tablets twice a day enough to get my levels back up and i dont understand why i keep losing it Grrrr my conditions are so complicated so hard to get my head round it all and to what is right and what is wrong ...

just been told i hjave ospriopine in lower spine with bulging discs and also in my hips, and excuse the spelling .. this is what concerns me as im only 40 with all these things going wrong .

Last edited by ozzyie135; 12-31-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
(female)

so is chewable adcal better for you and more effective? sorry for being so nieve about all this but with my brain fog and illness i find it all hard to take in xxx

I am still wondering if i have lymes. but in uk its hard to get diagnosed

Last edited by ozzyie135; 12-31-2011 at 10:25 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ozzyie135:
LyMeCaT (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
(female)

fineartmarcella HB User

It sounds like you have alot of issues, but concerning the Vit D we are our own advocates, we can not depend solely on our doctors. Frankly, the idea of having mega doses than stopping is quite strange. How can your body use that naturally? Your body has to get balanced, you can't do that taking mega doses than stopping bringing it back into a crisis every 2 months. That's like waiting to take a mega dose of Lasix only when you are so full of edema that you can barely breath, instead, one takes Lasix every day so that your body never gets stressed.
Again my suggest with Vit D, any vitamin, is take a dose daily, don't allow yourself to drop so low, get in tune with your body. The second suggest is for all the other illnesses is to start first with what you eat. Food is very medicinal. Don't touch anything with dairy and limit your meat. Your pancreas is not designed to process meat, so the poor thing works and works on breaking it down but never does so after it has held it in your system for a couple days, now putrid and toxic, it finally realises it. Meanwhile, all the other pancreas duties have been ignored. The incident of pancreatic cancer is sky rocketing here in the USA because everybody has to have meat 3 times a day, so their pancreas goes up side down.
Contrary to the Dairy counsel, cow milk is not designed for humans, infact it causes more chronic diseases than I can go into here. That is something as your own advocate you should research. Again in the USA and Europe, the heaviest of all dairy drinking countries have the highest rate of breast cancer, osteoporosis the two items the dairy counsel says to drink more milk for actually contributes to it. We have yogurt with pink breast cancer labels on them, wow, so contradictory. Remember, they ADD the vitamin D to the milk, just like you taking a supplement. It also contains casine, a bad protein molecule for humans, grab a hold of a book called 'The China Study' by Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D, also, 'Whitewash' by Joseph Keon, all are packed with the science behind it all.

Do you have candida? Try doing the at home Candida spit test, its free and you can find our alot about your illnesses if that comes out positive, just Google it and you will find the test, again its free.
Good luck on your life's journey, remember to take it by the horns by being your own advocate

Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
(female)

LyMeCaT HB UserLyMeCaT HB User

Ozzie135

Low vitamin D is very common in Lyme Disease, as is B12. Have you been to see an LLMD? there are some in the UK.

Unfortunately you will not gain much help from the NHS if you have Lyme Disease, The tests are unreliable, and even if you are lucky enough to test positive, you will no doubt be offered only a short course of antibiotics, which in most cases is not sufficient, especially once the condition becomes chronic.

If you do feel that Lyme Disease is a possibility, I would advise you to see an LLMD asap for evaluation. And stay away from steroids at all costs, as these suppress the immune system, allowing the lyme bacteria to run riot.

Good Luck

Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #8
(female)

fineartmarcella HB User

I've you considered another approach?
Our bodies are really designed to heal ourselves if given the right support.
If you have a whole lot of stuff going on, than if I were you
I would start from the beginning/basics.
Go on a very strict diet of whole foods, organic if possible, cut out dairy completely omg, and meat (its ok, you will live although the beef industry will tell you different ,
basically yes, go vegan for a coup;e of months.
Food is our foundation to health, it is very medicinal, you must start with what you are putting in your body, if your pancreas is fighting the cr_p you are feeding yourself it doesn't have time or energy to fight off cancer, or other diseases!
From there I would consider adding a freshly juiced juice at least once a day.
I would then start a good detox program, milk thistle, redmond clay, ect.
Review your lab, see what is not right and work on why?
Do the spit test, do you have Candida on top of everything else???
alot of sick people do from the medications the docs have been giving them...
Most people are a mix of several different illnesses,
as soon as the immune system is compromised, the walls on all four sides
start to cave in on your entire body.
Get away from as much processed foods as possible.
Do this all for a couple months and see how you feel.
If you feel better than you are on the right tract...
Research research research and go at this with determination!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Ozzie,

I agree with LyMeCaT. Lyme can send all bodily systems haywire. Is there someone knowledgeable there you can see to at least rule out this possibility? If you have LD it's imperative that you start some treatment right away as the spirochetes replicate monthly. If you haven't already, you could also come on over to the lyme board here and post your concerns.

All the best,

Jen

Old 01-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
(female)

fineartmarcella HB User

Are you sure you even have Lyme Disease?
You said you didn't know, I would keep your list of
illnesses to work on of solid diagnosis.
Otherwise you will start to get confused, you have
quit as list to work with already! Big Hug!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fineartmarcella View Post
Are you sure you even have Lyme Disease?
You said you didn't know, I would keep your list of
illnesses to work on of solid diagnosis.
Otherwise you will start to get confused, you have
quit as list to work with already! Big Hug!
As you know its hard to get diagnosed with lyme especially if you've had it a far while, All i know is i had the bulls eye rash the size of my hand on my right calf back in 2009, use to take my dog for long walks in the wood all the time but .. I wish now i went to the doctors or took photos of my rash but i never, but thats when i first started to become ill with flue like symptoms then followed by blood clot phnemonia, Primary Addison's Mycolonus and Anti-cardiopoline B12 NO Vit D, osprioprini in back, hips knee and neck,My knee needs an op but i wont have it done as to high risk ect ect list goes on and on..All of these conditions apart from Lyme have been diagnosed, My health has had a down hilll spiral since then.. I must say do have good months follopwed by extemely bad months it tends to wax and wane, and each month tends to bring on something new. and i am struggling, im in so much pain some days i want to give up the fight but cant im only 40 what life have i got to look forward to when even the doctors dont know what to expect ... just got diagnosed this week with carpal tunnel great another thing to add to list

So to the answe to your question is; NO I DO not know for sure if i have LYME and even if i do have it ...Here in the UK The NHS cant help :-(.

Last edited by ozzyie135; 01-24-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
(female)

I do believe i may have Lyme only by going on the pictures i have seen of the bulls eye rash which was exactly the same as mine i also had other rashes all over my back at one stage before i had the bulls eye one but these were very different but have seen them on the lyme pictures too which does make me believe even more that this is Lyme, But how do i stay away from STERIODS when the doctors say i have Addison and steriods is the only thing to keep me from dyying<<< PLEASE HELP >>> My body is fighting so hard to keep going but my will is giving up week by week...

I really do need to seek out a LLMD speialist but i need to save up first as im sure this is not cheap and i need to find the best place to go.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #13
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyMeCaT View Post
Ozzie135

Low vitamin D is very common in Lyme Disease, as is B12. Have you been to see an LLMD? there are some in the UK.

Unfortunately you will not gain much help from the NHS if you have Lyme Disease, The tests are unreliable, and even if you are lucky enough to test positive, you will no doubt be offered only a short course of antibiotics, which in most cases is not sufficient, especially once the condition becomes chronic.

If you do feel that Lyme Disease is a possibility, I would advise you to see an LLMD asap for evaluation. And stay away from steroids at all costs, as these suppress the immune system, allowing the lyme bacteria to run riot.

Good Luck
I do believe i may have Lyme only by going on the pictures i have seen of the bulls eye rash which was exactly the same as mine i also had other rashes all over my back at one stage before i had the bulls eye one but these were very different but have seen them on the lyme pictures too which does make me believe even more that this is Lyme, But how do i stay away from STERIODS when the doctors say i have Addison and steriods is the only thing to keep me from dyying<<< PLEASE HELP >>> My body is fighting so hard to keep going but my will is giving up week by week...

I really do need to seek out a LLMD speialist but i need to save up first as im sure this is not cheap and i need to find the best place to go.

Closed Thread