It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
(male)

sanibo HB User
Needed Advise

"Can anybody advise me of NATURAL methods to help treat autoimmune conditions. I'm particularly interested in vitamins and diet?"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Re: Needed Advise

Sanibo,
I'm in the same situation as you. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about a year ago. I don't want to be on the scary drugs that they advertise on tv! I have a rheumatologist that is sympathetic with my conerns, and currently am not on prescription drugs. She wanted to start me on a sulfa drug which seemed pretty mild. According to her, "they prescribe it for children and pregnant women". I may start on it if I need to, but am currently seeing a NP for my hormone supplements and she has me on Fish Oil and vitamin D. Fish oil is supposed to deal with inflammation (main symptom for all auto-immune). I have been on 5 to 8 grams a day. The 8 grams I feel really good on, but not sure about the safety of such a high dose. I have posted a question to others about the safe dose of fish oil, but haven't gotten a response. I'll keep you posted. What kind of auto-immune do you have? Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Re: Needed Advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitt44 View Post
Sanibo,
I'm in the same situation as you. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about a year ago. I don't want to be on the scary drugs that they advertise on tv! I have a rheumatologist that is sympathetic with my conerns, and currently am not on prescription drugs. She wanted to start me on a sulfa drug which seemed pretty mild. According to her, "they prescribe it for children and pregnant women". I may start on it if I need to, but am currently seeing a NP for my hormone supplements and she has me on Fish Oil and vitamin D. Fish oil is supposed to deal with inflammation (main symptom for all auto-immune). I have been on 5 to 8 grams a day. The 8 grams I feel really good on, but not sure about the safety of such a high dose. I have posted a question to others about the safe dose of fish oil, but haven't gotten a response. I'll keep you posted. What kind of auto-immune do you have? Cindy
Also, about the diet - walnuts, whole grains, berries, fish, vegetables, flax seed, NO SUGAR, CUT BACK ON RED MEAT

Last edited by Howitt44; 01-27-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add content

Closed Thread