It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Fish Oil

I take fish oil along with other supplements for my arthritis. I have finally found a dose where I can tell a huge difference in my joint pain. I am able to do things I haven't done in quite awhile and I feel so much better. The dose I take, though, is about 8 grams a day. Is this too much? Thanks!

Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Fish Oil

It's good to read that another person has found help from Fish-Oil.
After two years of a Frozen-Shoulder I developed bad Arthritis in that shoulder also in my fingers.
Unable to take Anti-Inflamatories due to having had (stomach ulcer). Four months ago I started taking Omega3 Fish-Oil in liquid form (2 tsp per day). I have found a considerable releif from the pain and no side effects.
I'm pleased to hear you are finding it helpful as well. As for the dosage you take I dont have an answer. What does the directions on the bottle recommend. Mine does say 2 tsp p.d.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

On the bottle, it just says, "take one to three softgels a day", which would be 1,000 to 3,000 iu. The book that I am reading on inflammation, says, "for chronic severe inflammation - up to 8,000 iu. Even though I am feeling better, I don't think I'll continue with this dosage until I talk to my doctor and get my blood work back.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitt44 View Post
On the bottle, it just says, "take one to three softgels a day", which would be 1,000 to 3,000 iu. The book that I am reading on inflammation, says, "for chronic severe inflammation - up to 8,000 iu. Even though I am feeling better, I don't think I'll continue with this dosage until I talk to my doctor and get my blood work back.

I agree, ask your Dr.
Even a lower dose is better than none at all,
I have even found my skin has improved with it.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread