It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

khunoun HB User
Smile periods

hi, when im about to have my periods, i have the following signs
* I eat too much, even if im full i still eat.
*Im always, always sleepy.
* Im moody.
* Everything and anything irritates me, even my friends and family.
* I have cravings, especially for anything ice cold and food i dont like like bunny chow, fat cakes, chips, everything that is so not healthy.

And so I was wondering, is this normal.. Is it normal to go through all that.

when im not on my periods, Im ok and dont do anything above.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: periods

Yes, it is very "normal" to have PMS (premenstraul symptoms), such as irritability, sweet and salty cravings, etc. prior to your period. These are due to hormonal imbalances at this time. There are many natural supplements you could try.

Make sure you are getting enough Magnesium. Primrose oil, Acupuncture and Krill oil are three other suggestions. You might also look into 5HTP, SAM-e or Calms Forte for calming the emotions. There are other things you could research. Some supplements combine different herbs and such in one product specifically for PMS. One doesn't need to be at the mercy of physical and emotional symptoms every month.

Best,

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
(female)

khunoun HB User

thank you so much for your quick reply.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Yes all the things you mention are quite normal and I certainly would recommend "Evening Primrose Oil".
I found it so helpful during my periods and when I reached the Menopause I never suffered one single symptom, I always put it down to the E.P.O which I had taken for many years.

Solofelix.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
(female)

snowbell60 HB User

I have the same symptoms too plus extreme brain fog. I haven't found a cure but EFA's (flax oil and primrose oil) have helped some what. Also, there is a PMS tea from the Yogi brand that seems to help a bit.

Closed Thread