It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Vitamin D (13.9) and Anemia

Hi everyone ~

I have posted on a million boards with no luck about what could be causing a bunch of symptoms I've been having lately (physical and neurological). I did have a recent CBC that indicated that I was anemic and vitamin D deficient. I wasn't too concerned until I saw a post on this board that said a VD level of 18 was pretty low - mine is 13.9. Does anyone have both severe VD deficiency (I'm assuming that's pretty severe?) and moderate anemia (hgb 9.6)?

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User
Re: Vitamin D (13.9) and Anemia

I had a vit d count of 46 and my sons was a 180. Just a comparison between low and high. Dr told me to take vit d daily. Got count to 96. I am also aneamic. LOw vit d can cause lots of problems, just google it and you can find lots of info. NOt sure if it caused my problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Thanks for responding, Estelle! I've looked up a bunch of stuff about VD deficiency and, while there's a lot of info out there, I was mostly wanting to know what your experiences were, and what your thoughts were on the level of my deficiency (like is it too low? and what could be causing it to be so low? and should I be concerned about this at all?)

All I can find, even for the anemia, are the ranges and what is considered high and low, and what's possibly causing it. But there's nothing specifically about my particular numbers, especially together, and what they may mean and when I should be concerned. I get conflicting answers on the internet - some say my levels are really low and I should be concerned; some say they're moderate and just keep an eye out, etc.

Anyway, I've gotten absolutely no responses on the anemia site; I'm not sure why. It seems like an active board so I'm not sure if people just aren't familiar with any of my symptoms and have no response, or my posts are too long, or they just don't have any answers and are busy. Oh well, I'll keep waiting to hear and hope for the best.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User

What are your symptoms that you are worried about?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
(female)

Fitness Seeker HB UserFitness Seeker HB User

@gav-I am anemic and also def in Vit D (level 19) and ferritin levels single digit for many yrs. Just recently saw a hema and taking polysacchride. He recommended 2-3x daily . Poly sac has about 3x the amount of elemental iron. I'm not sure if my levels will go up much, as I read that if your D is very low then it impacts the iron/ferritin as well.

Closed Thread