It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

Fitness Seeker HB UserFitness Seeker HB User
diagnosed w/ Vit d def 2 months ago

I was diagnosed w/ Vit d def 2 months ago (level-19)....I've been taking 35k-50k/IU weekly D3. I haven't been taking it w/ fatty foods. So I"m prob not efficiently absoring. Thanks for the peanut butter advice. Also, when we get sun I stay outside for 1 hour. (I didn't use to get much sun during the spring-summer months) but now I try to do this as I sure got a wake up call.

I am also "sub-clinical hypoT" and iron def anemic (single digit ferritin. The ferritin has been like this for yrs. Once my iron was marginally within range i've been asked to not take supps.) Now i just went to see a hema so we can try to aim for long -term goals.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-25-2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Please start a new thread to ask your own questions. Reference to other thread removed. Thanks.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
(male)

Rickey7 HB User
Re: vitamin D deficiency. does that explain my symptoms?

My doctor recommended 12.5 micrograms of Iodine a day,as my thyroid was so low.That,and foods containing iodine seem to help my thyroid levels come back up,via,increasing my energy levels along with taking the vitamin D.But, to answer your question,I don't think my iodine level was tested.Only the fact that I was very hypo thyroid,and very vitamin D def,that the iodine,and vitamin D were recommended.12.5 micrograms of iodine is not much,but I believe it is the the daily recommended dose.

I don't have the iron def,so,I don't know how that would affect the other issues.I suppose women need more iron then men anyhow in most cases.I believe any good endo doctor could do all the appropriate tests,and you would know where you stand.Good luck,and keep me posted on your results.Hope you feel better soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness Seeker View Post
I was diagnosed w/ Vit d def 2 months ago (level-19)....I've been taking 35k-50k/IU weekly D3. I haven't been taking it w/ fatty foods. So I"m prob not efficiently absoring. Thanks for the peanut butter advice. Also, when we get sun I stay outside for 1 hour. (I didn't use to get much sun during the spring-summer months) but now I try to do this as I sure got a wake up call.

I am also "sub-clinical hypoT" and iron def anemic (single digit ferritin. The ferritin has been like this for yrs. Once my iron was marginally within range i've been asked to not take supps.) Now i just went to see a hema so we can try to aim for long -term goals.

@Rickey-you mentioned you're taking iodine. Did they test your iodine level ?

@prunner-I also read what you read--that is your D is low it's hard to raise iron/ferritin levels. So there seems to be a correlation betw D and iron/ferritin and even hypoT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread