It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

colamaid2012 HB User
Magnesium oil and side effects

Hi I have been thinking of taking magnesium vitamins because I've read that it's good for many of number of things in our body. I have E. So I have alot of granmal sz. which cause me to fall alot. Because of my E. I take many diff meds. so I'm hoping to be able to avoid taking the magnesium supplements. I've read up on the magnesium vitamin oil which I'm really thinking about getting for these issues. I know everytime I try to get advice on this the first thing that I've been told is to ask my doctor or doctors. Which I have but everyone of them tell me the same thang ask this doctor or see this doctor so I can get the advice I need. If someone has any knowledge on the use of magnesium oils and what side effects they may cause can you give me some info on this? Thanks!

Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Magnesium oil and side effects

I don't know of any side effects with Mag. oil. If you take too much mag (of any kind) you could have loose bowels, but I've never experienced this with mag. oil. Magnesium is calming and can be used in a tub soak, foot soak or sprayed directly on the skin. Many people are deficient in mag and don't know it. I buy my oil by the gallon from Health and Wisdom. I also supplement with magnesium glycinate. Re. asking your doctor about vitamin supplements, they spend very little time, if any, in med school studying vitamins and herbs. Your very own research would probably be more useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
colamaid2012 (06-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
(male)

techguy HB User
Re: Magnesium oil and side effects

I've been taking magnesium oil (magnesium chloride bath salt - not magnesium sulphate) every day for about a year. I put four tablespoons in hot water; the water looks and feels oily with this concentration. I soak for 30 minutes; I notice an energy boost usually after 20 minutes.

I can't report any side effects that are bad with one MgCl bath per day. I have taken my blood pressure afterwards occasionally; sometimes it lowers it to less than X/70. Last time it was 117/68.

At high levels (I had two baths one day, and the second was late in the day) it can sedate the lungs. I stopped breathing a few times but my heart rate continued as normal.

I use it for energy (I have insomnia). I think it has helped my adrenal glands recover. It took months of daily use, though, but now I don't get tired after a 30- to 40-minute walk. I only need a 30-minute break for lunch; whereas I use to need 45 mins. After work now I have energy to do things; previously I'd have to rest for two hours.

Make sure you test your kidneys before using a lot of magnesium oil. If there's a problem with them, Mg would likely cause further problems.

When you soak in oil, you aren't at the mercy of your gut for the uptake of Mg and don't have to worry about runs. Incidentally, drinking a few drops of MgCl fixed my gut flora. I didn't have another loose stool for six months. Having a healthy gut helps you absorb all vitamins you take much more efficiently. Magnesium chloride oil is one of the world's best-kept health secrets.

Reply Reply