It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

Cookie91 HB User
Hot Flashes

My daughter, who is 50 years old, has had terrible hot flashes for about 3 years or so. What can be done to help her cope with this problem. I am 71 and have not had to deal with this problem. If in the past, I felt very hot and short of breath I would stand in front of a fan blowing in my face and in a matter of 1 or 2 minutes I was back to normal. This may only have happened 10 times. I guess I'm a lot luckier than she is. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you. Cookie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User
Re: Hot Flashes

Hey there. I am going threw Menopause too. I am 43 and am told I am in the first stages but are progressing faster. But what i found to work great is magnesium. No kidding. I was having them bad and when I started taking magnesium they started to go away and now I barley have them. If I do it is so unnoticeable now to where before I would want to yell and tell everyone to leave the room so I could just strip my clothes off and sit naked. lol Yes they do get that bad. Hubby wouldn't even sleep in the same bed because of the heat I put off when having them.
I hope she gets a relief as soon as possible. They can drive ya bonkers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
(female)

Cookie91 HB User

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that I haven't responded sooner but this message board got misplaced on my computer (if you can believe that) and just found it tonight. So thanks for your advice about the Magnesium. I will pass it to my daughter and hope that it helps. Cookie

Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
I use the transdermal magnesium but honestly still heat up. Its hormonal. I rarely get cold these days. Many of friends passed through it and it does wear off eventually.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User

i am still having them but not as bad. I know they are menopausal reasons and do let it get to me now. They use to make me have anxiety attaches. doctors try putting me on pills like Pretiq (sp) and i said no cause of the side effects from them. I am on Xanax and it helps a bit with my nervse and to sleep. I take only a half of a .05 mg one. Like i said for sleep and to keep my nerves at bay. I do now have an Ulcer in my tummy because of the nerves I am told. But I am still doing my Magnesium. Hope all is well for all. <3

Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
(female)

Stan007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie91 View Post
My daughter, who is 50 years old, has had terrible hot flashes for about 3 years or so. What can be done to help her cope with this problem. I am 71 and have not had to deal with this problem. If in the past, I felt very hot and short of breath I would stand in front of a fan blowing in my face and in a matter of 1 or 2 minutes I was back to normal. This may only have happened 10 times. I guess I'm a lot luckier than she is. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you. Cookie
Evening Primrose Oil helped with my hot flushes. I was taking 500mg/day for breast tenderness and realised that my hot flushes are becoming less and milder.

Closed Thread