It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

colamaid2012 HB User
Question vitamins what're the risks?

Hi

First of all I like to say that this topic I'm looking for answers for is a very embarassing situation. You see I've been having alot of issues with my sex drive. So I've been reading up on what I can do or use to help with this situation. I've read that fish oil vitamins, dhea, among others. I've asked about this issue hoping that I can get answers for this situation. You see I'm epileptic so I take many diff. meds. I was doing ok until one of my insurance started giving me problems with helping me be able to get the name brand on one of my meds. So I had to start taking the generic brand since then my sex drive has lowered next to nothing. I asked if anyone knew how I could help solve this issue, and one of the members said that she doesn't take meds and she has the same issue. So she thinks it might be something in the blood. So what I started doing was reading up on what vitamins are the best to help in this situation. I've even got a gel called hersolution since I read that it could be something in my blood I started crushing certain vitamins, and getting the fish oil vitamins, e vitamin oil, and hersolution get and mixing them up until it became a liquid like oil. I then would pick at my skin until I would get a tiny cut just small enough to make some blood to come out. I would then take the oil put some on the cut and put a bandaid on it. Since then my muscles, joints, and bones have started hurting me. Is it possible that it could be the cause of too much vitamins in my system? Oh and by the way I have been noticing a difference in the level of my sex drive it has gone up a bit. What should I do? I hope someone can help me by giving me answers. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: vitamins what're the risks?

Do not "self-inject" them any more!

There are several dangers I can think of. First, there's the risk of infection. Then, it's possible that you are absorbing sharp bits of crushed vitamin into your bloodstream, which could damage blood vessels. Also, look at the total quantities of vitamins A and D. If you are getting more than the RDA of those vitamins, it can become toxic. And finally, "Hersolution" contains a bunch of herbs, some of which haven't been well tested.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
colamaid2012 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
Re: vitamins what're the risks?

Colamaid, why don't you just go to your doctor and tell them about your low sex drive? There are meds and solutions for this, and you might even end up getting tested and discovering you have some sort of hormonal imbalance that can easily be corrected.

You'd be surprised how common sex drive problems can be; it's nothing to be embarrassed about at all! I am still in my twenties and whenever I speak to my doctor about any side effects of a new medication and she's almost always like, "But how's your sex drive?" as if this is the most important thing, lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to crookedhearts For This Useful Post:
colamaid2012 (08-15-2012)
Reply Reply