It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
Very interesting. I started taking Iron today

age 40 male

Ive had restless leg syndrome for a long time and ive always kind of thought
it has something to do with iron defiency and started taking 2 a day,

I also have had dry elbows lately and ive had slight tinnitus, ringing in the ears for almost ten years in my left ear.

Im sure its just a coincidence but today Ive had no ringing, no RLS and my elbows are not dry.

Hey if its placebo, ill take that all day long but i think its working. I had no idea iron was the biggest defiency in the world and most vitamins don't have iron .

From Live strong

An average adult male should consume 8 mg or iron per day while an adult female should get at least 18 mg per day, according to the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. The World Health Organization reports iron deficiency as the most common nutritional disorder in the world. For those with symptoms of iron deficiency or with secondary conditions such as RLS caused by the deficiency, taking iron supplements under the supervision of a doctor can help relieve symptoms. Iron supplements available as ferrous iron salts provide the highest level of iron absorption. Available ferrous iron salt supplements include ferrous fumarate, ferrous sulfate and ferrous gluconate.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
(female)

dreamcatcher29 HB User
Re: Very interesting. I started taking Iron today

thats cool

have u actually been checked out to see if u have a deffiency??? hb alone isnt enuff u probally want a ferritin test iron when not deffient can be very bad for u as what ur body doesnt need/use stores up and can be toxic ive done alot of reasaech into iron as the docs keep trying me to take it when not needed (thalassemia b)

sounds good tho that its helping u x take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
Re: Very interesting. I started taking Iron today

no, i have no money to even go to the doc really, i will make an appointment soon though but not for that reason, but i could ask i guess

Closed Thread