It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

redjb7 HB User
Vitamin D symtoms - question of how much?

I recently had surgery for the carotid - Thought my dizziness, pins and needles, and fatigue were caused by the blockage, but I still have the problems and they have been getting worse. Was having rapid heart episodes, chest pain, feeling of dizziness,fatigue, peripheral neuropathy that went all over, flushing, feeling my heart beat in my whole body, etc. Had several tests for heart that turned out fine. Found out yesterday with some tests that my D vitamin is in the basement - 10. The doctors assistant gave me 50,000 of D3 to take twice a week.
This sounds like a whole lot! I have had both kidney stones and Hepititis A several years ago. Is this a danger? Wouldn't it be wiser to start out a little lower?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: Vitamin D symtoms - question of how much?

Hi...My vitamin D was down to 7. I was also told to take 50,000 units twice a week for a month. It did help. My vitamin D went up to 44. I now take 1 vitamin D pill once a day and so far so good. I thought the pharmacy typed out the prescription wrong when I read 50,000. But that is the correct dosage. I had almost the same symptoms as you. Take the pills and you will feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
(male)

noea77 HB User

Hi, im new here and have similiar symptoms as redjb7. I put a post on the 'other topic' section. Whenever I punch up my symptoms online it all comes back to vitamin D. Out of all my blood tests I dont think ive ever been tested for this. I was always taking 1000iu a day but recently upped it to 2000iu.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
(male)

migwell HB User

Your levels are very low and 50,000IUs per week is what is normally prescribed until they are above 30. Your symptoms also appear to be vitamin D deficient related.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
(female)

imtupp HB User

3000 ui per 100lbs of body weight is a good maintenence dose once you get to optinum levels

Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User

I have been doing about 8000IU to get mine up a bit. I should go get the test again just to be sure. I also take K2 along with it.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User

I had all the same symptoms thought i was going nits with everything happening all at once. Dizzyness rapid heart beat neuropathy all over muscle aches an so much more my level was at 21 seen neurologist an he advised me of dosing to get it up Šn it is moving up slowly an im feeling better. Tami

Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
(female)

shieladiodati HB User

I just got my blood work back and I am at a 8. for 2 years I have been miserable. I was starting to think it was in my head. Well It is not, thank god I not losing my mind and going crazy, however this was just one of the problems. But it does explain the headache the aches and pains the tingling all over the body all the time. I would feel like I had vertigo when I would lay down and when I was reading I would all of sudden get real dizzy and could not keep my eyes open and had to go to sleep. So I hope taken these prescribed vitamins help. I hope that it not to late and I did not go to long before the caught it. A simple blood test that all it was. I have had 6 MRI in 2 years and 2 CT scan 3 x-rays 6 injections and this is the 1st blood test I have had. How sicken.

Closed Thread