It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

bombom HB User
Question vitamins and sex drive

Hi!

I would just like to know if anyone here in this site knows of any vitamin that can help boost a low sex drive? I'm epileptic, so I take seizure meds. Meaning I have to watch what I take. So I think the safest way to go about trying to boost my sex drive is with vitamins. I hope I can get some insite on this thank you!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
(female)

brycross33 HB User
Re: vitamins and sex drive

honestly i would be interested in this too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Exercise must help. And sunlight makes a big difference for me maybe for the vitamin D. Also chocolate seems to have some effect like this at least for me. There are a lot of herbs and things for this, but they tend to have strange side effects like interfering with kidney function. I would definitely stay away from them if I had epilepsy.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Bee Pollen,zinc, B12,and L-Argenine.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
(male)

Vitamin B12 might be a good idea especially because many epilepsy drugs cause its depletion. I'm not sure about those other recommendations. High zinc can make epilepsy worse (but very low zinc probably does too). Arginine is an excitatory amino acid that also might encourage seizures in people with epilepsy.

Here's another possibility. Taurine is a common amino acid that actually discourages seizures, because it's anticonvulsant. I've also seen some people say it has a pro-sexual effect for them.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
(male)

Maca and ginseng are both excitatory like caffeine. I know a girl with mild epilepsy who had seizures if she took anything with ginseng in it. Even some common beverages in larger amounts could give her a seizure. Someone with epilepsy should never take anything like that. And as you can see, people on the internet often give dangerous advice for people with epilepsy.

With a condition as serious as epilepsy you definitely need to talk to your doctor before trying anything like those things mentioned here. Besides knowing more about risks, your doctor knows a lot more about you. Of course you must have had blood work done, so chances are good that you've had your B12 level tested already. It's very easy to test taurine too. Your doctor may have better ideas for being able to base her recommendation on your condition, your test results, and any other meds you are taking.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
(male)

Athlete18 HB User

I had the same concern and found a great answer to it without taking synthetic drugs. Team 1 Sports developed an all natural supplement that increases testosterone, libido, blood flow, energy levels, sexual enhancement and performance along with lean muscle mass. I got the beginning of results in 3 days and after a month I am very satisfied with it. At $30 a month I have found it to be the most cost effective product and one that actually works.

Closed Thread