It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
(male)

archenery HB User
taking 2 15mg zinc tablets a day (for acne) safe?

Here's the deal, I've been taking zinc tablets for the past Month ever since I read some people successfully treated acne and oily skin with zinc. I've been taking one pill a day as recommended on the bottle with mediocre results. My breakouts have reduced a little but my skin is still extremely oily and skintone uneven. I am thinking of taking 2 tablets a day instead of one to see if it helps. One of my zinc tablets contain 75mg chelated zinc which provides 15mg elemental zinc, magnesium Chelate 7.5mg, manganese chelate 1mg, vitamin b6 10mg and vitamin A 1000iu.

So if i take 2 tablets a day I would be getting a total of 150mg chelated zinc providing 30mg elemental zinc, Magnesium (as amino acid chelate) 15mg, Manganese (as amino acid chelate) 2mg, vitamin b6 20mg, and vitamin A 2000IU.

I've checked the daily rda for each of these and saw that I would still be nowhere near the maximum rda if I took 2 pills instead of one. The packaging says do not take over 1 pill a day. I'm sure its safe but just a little worried I may be harming myself.

I emailed the company that made the tablets and they told me it would be safe to take 2 tablets a day until my acne improves, then cut back down to one.

I am also taking 3 fish oil tablets a day.

Thoughts? I'm a 20 year old male by the way.

Last edited by archenery; 04-21-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Reply Reply