It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
(female)

missourigrl HB User
Looking for a very good probiotic

About a year and a half ago I was prescribed several rounds of antibiotics off and on for several months for recurrent UTIs. I'm pretty sure those antibiotics have royally screwed up my entire system badly. Based on my symptoms I'm thinking I've got candida overgrowth I'm looking for a very good probiotic to take. I don't really know what elements I need to look for in a good probiotic? Are there certain brands that are better than others? All info and suggestions are greatly welcome!!! Thank you in advance!

Last edited by missourigrl; 04-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kerry735 HB User
Re: Looking for a very good probiotic

a good probiotic usually will need to be stored in the refrigerator.
it should contain between 80-100mg- of the probiotic which could be lactobacillus (4-20 billion organisms), bifidobacillus not necessarily all in the same product and FOS which is a sugar (doesn't affect candida) aka fructo ogliosaccharides of about 1900mg which feeds the bacteria.

A probiotic that includes glutamine which is very good for healing the gut when its been ravaged by candida. I used a probiotic to heal my gut after having taken a b complex for years and yet still getting a result saying that I had little B vits in my body. So taking glutamine would be good for you, say 500mg a day.

Also please be aware not to take grapefruit when you take the probiotic nor coffee or caffeine products as it kills the probiotic. Allow two hours after before doing so to give it a chance to work. A good probiotic isn't cheap, I pay £20 for mine for a 60 day supply. Other good quality vits are not as expensive, but I was told by top nutritionists in the UK to buy X product as all the others don't work with the same efficacy.

Some may dispute this, but as I've had chronic yeast problem I think I can safely say I agree with them.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
probiotic