It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

lagger HB User
Too much vitamin D3 and acid reflux

Another time I'll come on here to post my issue with fish oil and my acid reflux flaring up for the first time.

So, a year later I was taking my vitamin D3, Carlson's drops. I have taken them many times. My kids take the 400 IU. I normally take the 2000 IU, 2 drops. If I skip a day or something like that, I don't try to make up for it. I have had my levels checked and they're low, but they say better than most.

Anyhow, I went a few months ago to get my 2000 bottle at the store and they were out, so I bought the 4000 and thought I'd do just 1 drop. BUTTTTTTT.......I forgot I bought the 4000 and many times I have been doing 2 drops: 8000 at a time!!

My acid reflux has been flaring up here and there, but amazingly better when I'm not at home. The last couple weeks I have felt like I need the D3 for "helping" my acid reflux, so I made sure I took it, and always did 2 drops. The last couple weeks I have also had increased heart palpatations. It reminded me of when I was hugely pregnant and my heart would beat stronger because of the baby. It just kept beating all the time very strong. It also seemed like increased anxiety. During this time I was having horrible burps and would burp where acid would shoot up. I also had acid just shoot up when I'd laugh or say something quick. I posted all this on the acid reflux board as well.

Anyway, I had the realization about the 8000 when I made a list of meds yesterday as I have a doctor appt next week and knew I needed to bring in an updated list. When I realized my mistake I was shocked!!! I am now wondering how much of my flare ups of the heart and acid the last few weeks were from the 8000 IU/day?????

Thoughts????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

snowbell60 HB User
Re: Too much vitamin D3 and acid reflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagger View Post
Another time I'll come on here to post my issue with fish oil and my acid reflux flaring up for the first time.

So, a year later I was taking my vitamin D3, Carlson's drops. I have taken them many times. My kids take the 400 IU. I normally take the 2000 IU, 2 drops. If I skip a day or something like that, I don't try to make up for it. I have had my levels checked and they're low, but they say better than most.

Anyhow, I went a few months ago to get my 2000 bottle at the store and they were out, so I bought the 4000 and thought I'd do just 1 drop. BUTTTTTTT.......I forgot I bought the 4000 and many times I have been doing 2 drops: 8000 at a time!!

My acid reflux has been flaring up here and there, but amazingly better when I'm not at home. The last couple weeks I have felt like I need the D3 for "helping" my acid reflux, so I made sure I took it, and always did 2 drops. The last couple weeks I have also had increased heart palpatations. It reminded me of when I was hugely pregnant and my heart would beat stronger because of the baby. It just kept beating all the time very strong. It also seemed like increased anxiety. During this time I was having horrible burps and would burp where acid would shoot up. I also had acid just shoot up when I'd laugh or say something quick. I posted all this on the acid reflux board as well.

Anyway, I had the realization about the 8000 when I made a list of meds yesterday as I have a doctor appt next week and knew I needed to bring in an updated list. When I realized my mistake I was shocked!!! I am now wondering how much of my flare ups of the heart and acid the last few weeks were from the 8000 IU/day?????

Thoughts????
So you are saying that the higher dose of vitamin D was causing acid reflux flare up ? I am asking because I have a feeling that it's causing me some stomach issues also.

Reply Reply