It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

Sunshinegurli1 HB User
Glucosamine with MSM for Joint Pain & Inflamation

I've recently been experiencing pain in my finger joints and my right index finger first knuckle is becoming distorted. My mother has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia so I figured it would be a matter of time before I started showing symptoms. I'm 48 y.o.

I started taking Glucosamine w/MSM about a week ago.....one pill in the morning and one at night and the pain seems worse. I thought it might take a while to see any positive results, but is it common to feel more pain first??

It's becoming more and more difficult to do certain things with my right hand. I'd really like to control this with natural supplements. I do take Ibuprophen and a small does of Hydrocodone for other pain issues, but it's not really helping with this.

My mom's hands are really gnarled up and painful for her, she's in her 70's. I don't want it to happen to me.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
Re: Glucosamine with MSM for Joint Pain & Inflamation

It can take a few weeks to a few months to start working. About half the people who try it will not be helped. One week definitely is not long enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Glucosamine with MSM for Joint Pain & Inflamation

I have the same problem. Arthritis in my shoulder and bony disjointed finger's.
Some year's ago I tried Glucosomine for a few month's and have to say it had no effect whatsoever.
I believe that Omega Fish Oil is more efficient from what I have read.
I am unable to take Anti-inflamatories as I have had Ulcer's. I have yet to try the Fish-Oil.
Hope something help's as this is a very painful condition

Solofelix.

Closed Thread