It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
(male)

Vijdan HB User
Question B 12 deficiency symptoms

Hi all,
I hope I am in the right board..I recently was diagnosed with low B 12.My B12 was 128 while the Laboratory reference range is shown as 191-664. I had symptoms like confusion,fatigue,and numbness in one arm and leg.my GP,which I really dont trust much,prescribed me Cyanocobalamin 50 mcg tablets,three times a day.however,after taking those for over one week,those did not help me,and my symptoms got worse.

Earlier,I had numbness and weakness in left arm and leg,now that numbness has promoted to pain,Its infact a kind of pressure.then gradually I got pressure in the left side of my head,on side and back of the head...Now this pressure is kind of shifting itself from right to left...Its kind of funny symptoms . ...The strange thing is,that when I raise my left leg in the air,the pressure in my left arm and head increases,as soon as I put my leg down the pressure also subsides.

sometimes the pressure of my head shifts to leg,I mean,when I have leg pressure I dont have a stronger pressure in my head,but if I have stronger pressure in my head,then my leg becomes a bit OK...

my GP told me that It will take few weeks for symptoms to subside...I dont know whether Its really becoz of B12 deficiency or something else...I sometimes feel like it could be a problem of my blood veins or heart...because the pressure in my limbs and head is directly related to my posture,If I sit cross-legged the pressure in my arms increases...I even doubt the dose of 50 mcg taking 3 times a day,I feel its quite low..

I appreciate your advice.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
(male)

stevefromsd HB User
Re: B 12 deficiency symptoms

Hi. I read Cyanocobalamin is the cheap form of B-12 and doesn't get absorbed as well as methylcobalamin. You can get B-12 shots for about $20also. Once a week for a month. Just look up where you can get them in your area.

Closed Thread

Tags
brain and nervous system, high blood pressure, pressure back of head, vitamin b12