It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

step2 HB User
Smile Amino Acid Supplements

Hello Everyone, I have a question about Complete Amino Acid Supplements. I am a very light eater, I don't like meats, eggs or dairy so I rarely eat them, I eat veggies but not a wide variety of veggies. I just don't eat very much food, I often skip meals simply because I am not hungary.

I am reading about amino acids and how you have to eat foods with each of the essential amino acids everyday. I am very concerned that I do not get enough of the essential amino acids.

Do you think it would be ok for me to take one of those "complete" amino acid supplements? Just to be sure I get them all everyday?

I am not a body builder or heavy exerciser, I see muscle builder type products in connection with amino acid sales.

I was thinking maybe I can take a complete amino acid capsule to be sure I get them all everyday.
OR are amino acid supplements bad for your brain?

I have read that amino acids compete with each other, thus when taken together in one capsule some get absorbed others do not because they push each other out?

I know eating all the foods is best but I can't make myself eat when I am not hungry. That is why I thought a supplement might be a good solution.

Thank you.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

Sandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB User
Re: Amino Acid Supplements

I hope you will stop skipping meals, as you are depriving yourself of vital nutrients your body really needs, and will begin to go down hill beore you see it coming. If you have a small appetite, then it is important to be sure that what you do eat is highly nutritious. I am a vegetarian, and have used the Bragg Liquid Amino, which comes in a squirt or spray bottle. It is kinda like soy sauce, which I don't like, so I like the spray as you can squirt it more lightly, and get something without over-doing it. I usually use it when I make a stir fry and brown or wild rice, and make a light spray on top.
You may have to go to a store with an organic/health food section to find it.

Last edited by Sandy Caregiver; 07-17-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread