It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
(male)

vikas HB User
vitd3 back pain

i never had back pain but after taking vit d3 i m having low back and back neck pain what could be the reason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

MyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB User
Re: vitd3 back pain

I didn't have back or hip pain until I started taking high dose Vitamin D3.

They went away when all my bone pains went away about 9-12 weeks after I started taking the high doses. I actually couldn't work or do anything active for the majority of the time I was taking the high dose.

However after 12 weeks when I took a test to see my levels they were just short of the normal range and my toe that had gone funny was normal. Though my nails and hair are still an issue but were actually worse then.

I actually did some research to see if the pains were normal and lots of people reported this as a side effect they weren't told of by their medical practitioners.

You have posted a lot about this. Stop worrying.

You have been Vitamin D deficient for about 3 years and insufficient for a lot longer.

No deficiency of a vitamin or mineral that your body stores which you have been deficient in for a long period can be cured over night. It takes months and even years to get back to a healthy state.

The best thing you can do for yourself now is calm down and take care of yourself by not pushing your body too hard for the next 6 months. It would help if you have activities like reading or watching films that you enjoy as now is the time to indulge in such inactive pursuits.

The Following User Says Thank You to MyCat55 For This Useful Post:
vikas (08-12-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread