It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

palarin HB User
Considering Lap Band, but unable to Exercise

Hello Everyone,

I am normally on the RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) board. I suffer from this horrible disease that started in both feet, and then spread through out my entire body. I have a spinal cord stimulator in my lower back and a morphine pump off to the side of my stomach area. I use a wheelchair and a scooter to get around.

I have been sick for the past 6 years. I have gained approx. 75-80lbs. due to multiple medications such as Effexor (which I don't take anymore) and a series of steroid shots in my back. My BMI is 38.6. I contacted a Barix Clinic locally and they told me that one of the requirements was that your BMI had to be at least 35 and above.

Since I have gotten heavier the extra weight bothers my body even more. So I am researching online for more information on the Lap Band process. My question is has anyone gone through this procedure and still had success with their weight loss, even though they were not able to exercise due to having a disability

Any comments or info would be appreciated.
Marie

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Anyone with Fibro and Obese considering or have had Lap-Band placed? Mora Fibromyalgia 7 01-22-2011 10:28 AM
Hemorrhoid, Rubber Band Ligation. Have A Few Questions. doglover Bowel Disorders 17 01-27-2008 09:57 AM
questions about lap band BrittleBones Weight Loss / Surgical 4 08-09-2007 12:52 AM
Gastric Band op - advice appreciated Katianne Obesity 5 05-24-2007 11:18 PM
going in for lap band surgery tommrrow philandkay2004 Weight Loss / Surgical 4 01-18-2007 10:01 AM