It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
(female)

philandkay2004 HB User
Thumbs up going in for lap band surgery tommrrow

IM A NEEBEE HERE, I STARTED OUT GOING TO DO A GASTRIC BYPASS TO A LAP-BAND, TODAY IS MY GREEN BOTTLE DAY YCK.. YOU KNOW CLEAN OUT,,,
I CANT SEE TO GET REALLY ANY ANSWERS SO IM STICKING TO THE BOOK AND IM GOING OUT TO BAIL A TRAIL. KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS AND ILL KEEP YOU POSTED,,,
KAY

Old 12-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User
Re: going in for lap band surgery tommrrow

Kay,

How did your LB go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
(female)

I'llbefyneNtyme HB User

Hey...I have a friend who had the Lap Band Surgery and she's doing great! It's an in office procedure and takes only approx 45 minutes. She was able to drive herself home the same day. She loves it! Unlike the Gastric Bypass Surgery it's not life threatening, it's not a major surgery and it's irreverissable. She's lost approx 40 pounds in 2 months. There are 2 small scars which looks like a scratch on her tummy. She's a older girl 48yrs and she doesn't exercise much at all. Maybe 1 mile a week if that. But the surgery decreases the amount of food intake and you don't feel hungry. She goes back every 3 months to have saline injected in the bad to fill it. This allows less food consumption, etc. It's pretty cool. I have lost 102 lbs without any surgery. I have approx 40 more lbs to loose so I'm thinking about calling my dr to see if I can get the surgery with my Insurance...she did. The Gastric is so final. Once it's done that's it! Always pray before you make any decisions regarding any procedure...and as a follow up, go online and do the re-search.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
(female)

elmstlover HB User

So how did it go? I am looking into having it done. Did your insurance cover it?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
(female)

A_True_Lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'llbefyneNtyme View Post
Hey...I have a friend who had the Lap Band Surgery and she's doing great! It's an in office procedure and takes only approx 45 minutes. She was able to drive herself home the same day. She loves it! Unlike the Gastric Bypass Surgery it's not life threatening, it's not a major surgery and it's irreverissable. She's lost approx 40 pounds in 2 months. There are 2 small scars which looks like a scratch on her tummy. She's a older girl 48yrs and she doesn't exercise much at all. Maybe 1 mile a week if that. But the surgery decreases the amount of food intake and you don't feel hungry. She goes back every 3 months to have saline injected in the bad to fill it. This allows less food consumption, etc. It's pretty cool. I have lost 102 lbs without any surgery. I have approx 40 more lbs to loose so I'm thinking about calling my dr to see if I can get the surgery with my Insurance...she did. The Gastric is so final. Once it's done that's it! Always pray before you make any decisions regarding any procedure...and as a follow up, go online and do the re-search.
Hello how are you doing?
I'm Coko and I'm new to this site as in today. I was doing a search on last night about the Lap Band. This is my very first time learning about this. I was one of the ones that was about to get the Gastric Bypass Sugery. I'm in the middle of trying to find a doctor that would take my type of Insurance. How in the world did you lose the 102 without no type of sugery. I would lose 20 and 30 pounds. Then things may happen in my life. Man problems or something. Then I would get stress and gain weight. I'm tried of the weight lost and weight gain type of thang. I got these pills called LEPTOPRIL when I got them I was too excited. I took two. I was losing the weight for a while. Then my boyfriend and I departed. I stop taking them. I still have a couple left. I was thinking to myself. Should I just go back to the pills and be more encouraged or have the Land Band Sugery.

Closed Thread