How is life after Lap Band Surgery? A few questions to the people who had it done
I want to get Lap Band. I'm qualified but my husband is so against it. I'm 210 and 5'5 and my bmi comes out to 36. Plus I have hypertention. However, he's concerned with me having surgery saying that it's risky with any surgery and that I will be suffering because at first people throw up a lot and that I will still feel hungry. So I have a few questions to the people that had it done.
1. After surgery, when you eat 3-4 oz a meal, do you feel full or you want to eat more? Do you throw up if you eat more than you're supposed to?
2. How quickly can you go back to work right after having the surgery?
3. I have a toddler at home. Would it be a problem to pick him up or do any strennuous activity like using elliptical machine?
4. I'm 26 and had 2 kids. My youngest one is 2 month old. Would my skin still be able to bounce back or would I have to have plastic surgery after losing weight?
5. Did any one go ahead and reverse the surgery? Take out the lap band? And did your habbits stay the same as when you had the band?