It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

tallgal HB User
i want to have lapband surgury but my bmi isn't over 40 how can I get this done

i want to have lap band surgery but my bmi isn't over 40 how can I get this done

Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
(female)

kwebster HB User
Re: i want to have lapband surgury but my bmi isn't over 40 how can I get this done

I believe you have to have a comorbity like hi bp, sleep apnea, hi cholesterol.. but it depends on your insurance company.
Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

tora bora HB User
Re: i want to have lapband surgury but my bmi isn't over 40 how can I get this done

even if you have an ibm less than 40 but you have another problems like diabetes,apnea,joint pain so you can do the operation but i think the gastectomy is saver than the lapband .

Old 01-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
(female)

jhtn HB User

Please think over you wanting to get a lap band, I have had one for three years I lost alot of weight at first but am gaining it back , it is not as easy as it sounds. It is a life changing surgery and if you can lose weight on your own it is well worth it not to do it. Even with a band you still have to eat healthy, you will not be able to eat some things, I wish alot of times I hadnt done it. Please think long and hard before you make the decision. It is really something you have to deal with 24 hours a day. Just my 2 cents, good luck in whatever you do.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
(female)

jhtn HB User

My current insurance will not cover removing the band and I do not have extra thousands to be able to do that. I know you can make your own mind up but I wish I could have heard the truth before I got mine. Good luck

Last edited by Administrator; 02-12-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
(female)

ridgelee HB User

In my opinion, thank God that you can NOT have the surgery. It is a waste of your time, energy and money. Do some more research please! Google "lapband>not working" and read the reviews. My dear friend and I both had it done and both of us have gained back our weight after two years. I vomit constantly. She craves sweets like she never did before. The surgery is NOT worth it. I'm sorry I had it done and now am desparately trying to find a way to have it removed, but my employer changed insurance carriers and my new insurance does not cover lapband surgery only gastric bypass! My husband is also upset with how this has turned out, he said I was fine the way I was and he hates seeing me throwing up or not being able to eat. You'd think I'd lose weight...but the things that go down are liquids which tend to be high in calories in order to feel full.
In my opinion, I think this world puts way too much emphasis on being thin instead of learning to accept how God created us. I was a fat baby, a fat child. I was aneroxic as a teen (before we knew what that was). Now I'm a fat adult. But you know what? I am happy WHEN I DON'T THINK ABOUT MY WEIGHT. I can walk, run, play with my grandchildren and people enjoy my company. What more do I need???? What more do YOU need???? Being thin will not make you happy...enjoy life as it already is. God bless you.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
(female)

ladybugrose HB User

Hi JT,

Can you post a new topic and explain the problems you have had? I think that would be helpful for many people. Also, some people do regain weight on all types of bariatric surgery and depending on what their ability to maintain the strict diet etc. Can you explain what you did to regain your weight? Thanks for sharing.

Multiple Rare Disorders
Multiple Medications
Disabled

Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
(female)

af1226 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgal View Post
i want to have lap band surgery but my bmi isn't over 40 how can I get this done
Hi
I am 39 years old, and weighed 165 lbs. I wanted to lose 50lbs. My mother, amy sister and I got the lapband through Slimband. We all got it done together and we all have almost identical results. I got it done on Dec 17 2010 and I have lost about 11lbs so far. For the three of us it has been nothing short of a blessing since my mother and I have high blood presure and diabetes. It is not a quick fix but it is a tool to help you eat less. Please do your research to see if it is for you. You will still have to follow rules of how to eat but at least not be hungry. That has been our experience so far.

Good Luck

Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
(female)

omaya HB User

Hi dear,
I just want to tell u that I had my Lap Band surgery while my BMI was 35.6. An the FDA has approved surgeries for patients whose BMI 30 and above. So u can have a lap Band surgery. Just don't panic.

Closed Thread